Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

1151am t1_iu43hla wrote

Who's got good quesadillas around here?

I've got some family visiting from Europe and they want to try different foods and one of them is quesadillas. So, I'd like to take them someplace that has good quesadillas. What are your recommendations?

themadnooch t1_iu44ufh wrote

Y Tu Mama at the Veil southside has great quesadillas.

LionOver t1_iu75tnv wrote

I kind of feel like Y TU Mama is the closest thing to a "greasy spoon" that a taco place can be. It's good...but there is oil. Lots of oil.

combinera t1_iu4e261 wrote

The best quesadillas use Chihuahua cheese. Big Chile makes excellent quesadillas.

adognamedgoat t1_iu43z73 wrote

There is a newly opened quesadilla restaurant in Lakeside next to Final Gravity. I don't think they have a webpage yet.

Danger-Moose OP t1_iu4483r wrote

Killa Dillas. Eye roll.

Edit: Eye roll directed at the stupid name, not the OP.

ComprehensiveSail154 t1_iu4eqe2 wrote

My cats name is Dilla (short for quesadilla)… I think he might have a new nickname coming his way 🤣

1151am t1_iu44cs7 wrote

Whoa! I was not aware of that and I live three blocks away from Final Gravity. DO you know what it's called? I'll have to stop by tomorrow during my morning walk.

adognamedgoat t1_iu44qcx wrote

Like Moose said, it's called Killa Dillas. I have a picture of the menu. They just opened this week so they are definitely still figuring things out. https://imgur.com/a/r5lIpFO

The quesadillas we had were delicious. I would skip the pico and chips though as it was pretty bland. If you like things spicy, ask them to add jalapenos.

Onefotccn t1_iu4izmm wrote

I've only had a quesadilla from there once but Don't Look Back Triple has fat quesadillas. Honestly better than their tacos I thought.