Submitted by stayintall t3_ycivr2 in rva

I'm headed up to Canada in a couple of weeks for a meeting with my team and several of us are bringing hot sauces from our neck of the woods to share with each other. It doesn't necessarily have to be a local one but it'd be cool if it was. I was going to bring Marie Sharps as that is my favorite, but it is from Belize, not RVA... I found this one but I've never heard of "Jimmy's Restaurant". Anything else?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Hedgecore138 t1_itmep59 wrote

Yes!

KIMKIM Sauce

Manakintowne Tonics

Cannon's Pig Paint - if they're still making it...

ValidGarry t1_itnd4w4 wrote

Came here to boost KimKim. It's like the best ever more umami Sriracha. Tan A sells it. It's not hot hot but it's great.

Hedgecore138 t1_itmfdc3 wrote

If you can get your hands on a bottle of Uncle June's, you're in for a treat. Not a hot sauce, but a damn good sauce.

dr_nerdface t1_itnrptz wrote

kim kim is delicious but is no longer local

Hedgecore138 t1_itnshys wrote

Nooooo…you are breaking my heart! Where are they making it now?

dr_nerdface t1_itnvnsq wrote

not sure but the original owner/creator was the husband of a former coworker of mrs. nerdface. sold the product to somewhere a few years back.

Hedgecore138 t1_itnw5jr wrote

Well, boo. I’m going to have to do a little research on this to find out where they ended up.

ILikeYourHotdog t1_itmfip6 wrote

https://www.reddit.com/r/hotsauce/comments/lhmotu/ranas_habanero_sauce_the_perfect_amount_of_spice/

Kuba Kuba/Kuba Kuba Dos serve a delicious house made hot sauce that I think gets sold at a different bodega. I ask every time I have it where can I buy a bottle but I never remember the name of the market where it's sold.

ajsommer t1_itnihxx wrote

You can buy it at the restaurant but I think cash only. Rana is a person and works as a server at the Fan location

Skyyy_Money t1_itn4hyf wrote

I was just there this weekend and was thinking that they need to bottle that stuff

Optimal_Version t1_itmevy6 wrote

Clark & Hopkins (also featured on Hot Ones): https://clarkandhopkins.com/

JulianVanderbilt t1_itmhp5o wrote

This stuff is really good and its not all just straight heat but interesting flavors as well. Really enjoyed the several I've bought.

Paxvertue t1_itmgdga wrote

https://hotsouthernhoney.com/collections/all-products

began in Richmond, Virginia in 2016

quicheanus t1_itnt583 wrote

omg they serve this stuff at Zorch Pizza on Cary St and its absolutely flame. So good on pizza, dont knock it til you try it

stayintall OP t1_itmqo55 wrote

The fact that this post has received some downvotes is so Richmond. Love you guys. Keep on keeping on.

C0usin t1_itn4evi wrote

Wild Earth Fermentation has great sauces. Also seconding En Su Boca's and Clark+Hopkins.

suarezi93 t1_itmn2y4 wrote

Little House Green Grocery has the Manakintowne hot sauces.

bananaphantom t1_itmzz49 wrote

Soss is based out of Charlottesville. Lots of great flavors with plenty of heat. I think they sell bottles at Union Market and Outpost

SW_RDC t1_itn0g2j wrote

En Su Boca bottles and sells a pretty good a green sauce - i think it's called Hella-peño if I'm not mistaken

stayintall OP t1_itme1z1 wrote

Just found Del Sauce right after I posted this..

https://www.instagram.com/becomingdelsauce/?hl=en

​

Anyone ever tried them before?

Far-Raccoon-9186 t1_itmfo53 wrote

I haven’t had Del sauce before but Jimmys used to be a great lunch spot in Lexington commons at Westerre Parkway and Broad. They had the deathwish sauce lined up on a shelf that went all the way around the restaurant so you could walk up and grab one off the wall when your meal came out. Sadly, they closed years ago but the sauce is still around. I don’t think they were associated with each other but someone else might be able to fill it in.

deebo911 t1_itnjbc3 wrote

Yes! Delsauce for the win! Gonjoe and Elizabeth are fantastic people

Strwbry2020 t1_itmw02v wrote

I like to bring AR’s hot honey. Not a sauce technically but still appreciated by spicy fans. They also have a peach habanero sauce that slaps.

stayintall OP t1_itmw9qc wrote

Nice. I like hot honeys so I'm definitely going to try this out!

​

I'm so glad I asked, there are so many Richmond and Va based hot sauces I had no idea about!!

manic-pixie-attorney t1_itn4h1j wrote

You can buy Peter Chang’s garlic sauce at the Scott’s Addition locale, and it’s delicious

Arcangelathanos t1_itncpbb wrote

Josh's Jungle Carolina Reaper Salt is really good. I think it's more versatile than an actual hot sauce. Like, sprinkling some on some steamed vegetables. I guess you can put hot sauce all over it, but the Reaper Salt works well to compliment the natural flavors vs. overpowering them.

Option_Perfect t1_ito0gb2 wrote

Wish Perly's bottled their green Sriracha.

stayintall OP t1_ito0xfi wrote

Mmmm that’d be good!

AreSeaOh t1_ito2xco wrote

Call them and ask. You might be surprised, I bet they’ll ‘sell’ you a to-go portion of a decent size.

Clbrosch t1_itpugui wrote

Guther Gourmet salsas are all local to Virginia and their creator lives and works in Richmond. My favorite is

PINEAPPLE ORANGE WITH MANGO HOT SAUCE

But his salsa is just awesome! don't sleep on:

CHESAPEAKE BAY CRAB SALSA

and the

FIERY PERI-PERI DARK CHERRY SALSA

https://www.gunthersgourmet.com/

PimmentoChode t1_ito3lwe wrote

Yes and it’s mayonnaise

stayintall OP t1_ito4gfx wrote

How much hate am I going to get when I admit I'm a Hellman's guy? I'm born and raised Richmond, just never been into Dukes. Too sweet for me.

PimmentoChode t1_ito4sga wrote

Well, I won’t downvote you, because you didn’t say Miracle Whip.

stayintall OP t1_ito9gan wrote

You're damn right I didn't say Miracle Whip.

SolidStart t1_itpvk0h wrote

This is only margianlly related (sorry to hijack) but does anybody know if you can buy "That Hot Sauce" anywhere? The one that they have in Chioccas? I loved that stuff but could never figure out if it was ever sold anywhere.

AphidGenocide t1_itq9e54 wrote

I'm from Richmond and I make hot sauce (not commercially)... If that's what you're looking for I can give you some.

DontTouchMyPeePee t1_itr9spb wrote

galley has an awesome carrot habanero sauce they sell

ryanm1903 t1_iu6uwvu wrote

I’m in RVA and make my own hot sauce, if you want a bottle or two just DM me.