Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

2054 t1_iudgtlx wrote

Do you have a monitor you can plug into it for the time being?

spike31875 t1_iudj2ho wrote

That would be my suggestion, too. Reboot and connect to am external monitor.

HunterRoze t1_iufyy0v wrote

OP if you take this route once you have access via an external monitor I would consider installing the remote client for desktop from Google. With that installed if you have to disconnect from the external monitor you can connect via the remote client - even via your mobile device or tablet.

complacent1 t1_iudnuzo wrote

If it has an HDMI connector you can just plug it into the TV. Like if you have a Playstation, blu-ray player, etc... Just plug it up there and turn your TV to the proper input.

setsails t1_iudiok3 wrote

You’re going to have to be more specific than haywire. Is it your screen? Is the battery not charging? Is the mouse/touchpad not working? Is it booting over and over? Are you able to sign in? Are your emails loading? Are you able to access the internet? Are you encountering pop ups? Did you reset your password? Did you check for updates? Are all devices connected? Are you winning windows, mac, or Linux? Is it a laptop or pc? What is the manufacturer?

I don’t know if a pc store here in Richmond but I’m trying to help you not spend $100 at Best Buy. I’m sure with more specific information we can possibly guide you through some form of support.

pomaj46809 t1_iudi563 wrote

Turn off your computer and unplug it immediately.

Is this your only laptop/computer?

If not, what you want to do is go to best buy and see if they sell a hard drive enclosure for 2.5 inch hard drive.

If not, what you want to do is go to best buy and see if they sell a hard drive enclosure for 2.5 inches hard drive. When you have the drive in the enclosure, plug it into your other computer and find your work, and back it up.

You'll need to google places, call them up and ask if they can work with your particular model Reddit is likely not going to have a one size fits all answer with out knowing more.

setsails t1_iudj7zz wrote

Best Buy support prices are ridiculous. Also if it’s his work computer, and we don’t know where op works, it might not be a good idea to go digging around. Op risks losing the data and we don’t know if its op’s computer that’s being referred to as a work computer or if it’s actual company property. If op can look at the connections on the side it’s possible they can purchase a monitor and connect it externally they’re going for about $110 at Best Buy

I know a lot of laptops have problems when it gets cold. I would suggest holding down the power button for about 10-30 seconds to discharge static build up.

Splask t1_iudw3j8 wrote

Don't ever get your computer worked on at Best Buy. There are a ton of other options.

UNKWNDTH2002 t1_iufolq2 wrote

be mindful to adopt permissions for the contents of the drive (namely \Users\..) in whatever master system you plug it into