Submitted by the_faded_memories t3_z051ij in rva

I am starting to weld and while working under my truck I’ve already burned holes in a few shirts. (And earned a few small brands in my arm to match…)

I have a basic apron and some sleeve protectors but I’d like to get a proper welding jacket or fire resistant shirt. I would very much prefer to be able to try something on before purchasing.

Any place around here carry such things in stock?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Lsufaninva t1_ix3kq9i wrote

ARC3 1700 chamberlayne avenue Richmond va 23222

BobbyFuckingB t1_ix3n470 wrote

I can’t say for sure but Northern probably does

OlGreggMare t1_ix5an13 wrote

You need to flip your truck over so you're not welding overhead, duh

/s

kilofoxtrotfour t1_ix6bmdv wrote

Powertip: "You're doing it wrong"... Work on positioning & using shielding devices. Welding clothing (which I buy at ARC3) is only designed to stop grinding sparks & the occasional slag from MIG/GMAW welding, SMAW slag will rip right through it. Good luck with it, practice makes perfect. When I first started MIG/GMAW welding, my arms looked like a 20x day heroin user.. I've wised-up over the years. Lastly: The 3M Speedglas shield is worth the $400+ pricetag, sure, it's 400% more than a Lowe's or Home Depot shield, but you'll thank me later.

[deleted] t1_ix55vee wrote

Just so you know fr clothing won’t stop slag from burning through. That’s not what they are designed to do. And since they are so expensive I wouldn’t bother with those.