Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

dalbach77 t1_j24br44 wrote

Deep Groove. Vinyl Conflict. Plan 9.

PM-ME-YOUR-TOTS t1_j24f1q0 wrote

These are the best 3 to me.

There is also Small Friends and Wax Moon. Wax moon is a super cool store but it’s mostly only metal/grunge/punk and I think it’s mostly new.

NotCreativeRighttNow t1_j26v8vx wrote

Deep groove is okay but overpriced af.

Plan 9 is the most reasonable in the area.

mcfly413 t1_j27julp wrote

Ever since Blue Bones stopped selling records deep groove has been the most consistent spot I’ve found

S60T6 t1_j2556ru wrote

Deep Groove and Plan 9 are both solid but don’t forget Records and Relics in Church Hill. Small store and he’s only open a few days a week but I’ve never left there empty handed!

ducksngeese60 OP t1_j256oc0 wrote

I am hearing good things about it, thanks! Definitely give it a spin, pardon the pun.

Hedgecore138 t1_j24v0hc wrote

Adding Wax Moon to the list, because they're pretty great people too.

timidus_leo t1_j25nvb8 wrote

Wax Moon. The dude who runs that place is awesome. They focus on metal, but they have tons of stuff on vinyl. In addition to vinyl, they have lots of other retro media like VHS, cassette, and even Laser Disc. Make sure to play pinball in their arcade while you're there as well; $10 for free play as long as you want.

worldwidewarpwhistle t1_j257c4e wrote

Cerebral Vortex and Blue Bones Vintage also have used records

cmyk412 t1_j25gl2n wrote

Blue Bones Vintage right near VCU has some record bins in the back and there are some absolute gems there. Definitely worth a browse. RVA is a good vinyl town for sure.

lightningdave14 t1_j24oe0h wrote

In addition to the other places mentioned here, I’ve seen cool stuff at Records & Relics in Church Hill. Happy hunting!

WEGCjake t1_j24tfli wrote

Off the beaten path:

Dust on Westwood (across from gag TopGolf gag) had a really nice, albeit small, selection of classic albums in great shape for reasonable prices

ducksngeese60 OP t1_j24tlpm wrote

Thank you, very helpful! I may wander that way, despite Top Golf, ug.

MartianCleric t1_j25wbgl wrote

Diversity Thrift has a fair sized collection of vinyl records all at a very good price. Assorted array but some cool stuff.

alexfromjupiter t1_j25gjhn wrote

it’s a bit out of the way at stony point mall, but crossroads is my go-to, super cute store with a decent choice of classical, oldies, and recent music

rva-fantom t1_j25scwm wrote

Record and Relics in Church Hill. Owner is awesome and he’s always got quality stuff.

PimpOfJoytime t1_j263s0f wrote

There’s a booth at RVA Antiques in lakeside that has an awesome selection, but that person overprices the SHIT out of their stuff.

−2

SonicBoris t1_j270v9t wrote

Every collection you find in antique stores is overpriced and the vinyl itself is shot to shit. Never recommend someone waste their day doing that shit.

The_Kentwood_Farms t1_j293kfw wrote

That person just knows how to look at Discogs and price accordingly, it sucks because it's the kind of place where you hope to dive into bins and score a gem for cheap, but they just know how to google. I always try and hit up thrift stores and goodwill spots to find the cheap gem, but it's not gonna happen there.