Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

BurkeyTurger t1_j1jwyt3 wrote

Baking and baking. A little concerned about the Dominion email about conserving power usage but other than not doing laundry tonight that's about all I can cut out that'd be meaningful.

em6891 t1_j1kf9zq wrote

They've now sent three of these over the past 24 hours. This may be the first email from Dominion that's not "your bill is ready."

RoosterCancer t1_j1jxqoo wrote

I was concerned about that, too. I’ve been a Dominion customer for about 5 years and have never received any kind of notice like that before.

gamerthrowaway_ t1_j1k1tr7 wrote

Appalachian Power sent their customers the same. The grid may just be taxed by the weather and holiday usage.

On the bright side, if push comes to shove, some can be assisted via other state groups, so at least we aren't Texas (which does not have such luxury).

peace_dogs t1_j1kg6jn wrote

Just went around and shut down or turned off all the extra stuff due to that email. Hopefully it will get a little warmer soon!!

FalseSystem6055 t1_j1k4hi7 wrote

My plan if they end up with rolling blackouts is to pack up and drive up to Jersey tomorrow instead of Monday.

Charlesinrichmond t1_j1kqj7k wrote

Huh. Did not get that email I wonder if it's substation by substation

BurkeyTurger t1_j1kuoni wrote

Have you gotten any of their other emails about the winter weather yesterday or the day before?

Charlesinrichmond t1_j1kzf0a wrote

No I haven't but I do get Bill emails.

A although for all I know they went to spam

kmblake3 t1_j1kykq3 wrote

Me either. I haven’t gotten any emails from them since my “your bill is ready” earlier in the week.