Submitted by setsails t3_zrvdec in rva

Hello I was wondering, because RVA is huge on healthcare opportunities, is anyone aware of opportunities where I can work in the field without a certification or degree for now?

I'm having a hard time finding work in IT and perhaps I'll have to pivot into something else for the time being (that I have always been slightly interested in) but I am not sure where to go without the major credentials.

I can obtain BLS + CPR but I know degree wise, I invested in IT not healthcare and some roles require far more training/education. I'm trying to find a role around $20/h at least. Thank you

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ten_thousand_hills t1_j14xk9t wrote

You should look at a Patient Access Rep job for VCU. Pay may not be quite the stated rate but VCU benefits are $$$.

AidCookKnow t1_j15lc07 wrote

There's a lot of IT professionals in healthcare/at hospitals

Otherwise, there are actually tons of hospital-based jobs that don't require specific degrees... patient access reps, unit secretaries, patient transport, sterile processing, schedulers and other administrative assistants, EVS, dietary, supply chain, etc

Charlesinrichmond t1_j16isoo wrote

Vcu. Lots and lots of jobs per people I know who are responsible for hiring

mynameisnotmorgan t1_j16ly7d wrote

Not sure what exactly you’re looking for, but if you enjoy kids at all & are interested in working with individuals w/ Autism or other disabilities, behavioral healthcare may be a good avenue to look at. Whether that is being a direct support professional, or a behavior technician— it’s incredibly meaningful & fulfilling work, but very emotionally demanding. No degree required, typically just a high school diploma.