Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

fusion260 t1_j5yziww wrote

gLeaf, the licensed dispensary here in RVA with a few locations, does deliver but only if you're already an established patient with them. They'll require you visit them in person first.

I'm fairly certain they only accept patients that have a valid letter of authorization from a physician here in Virginia and do not accept out-of-state letters/medical marijuana licenses.

You can, legally, have someone gift you some of their personal products as long as it's not a part of a financial transaction or exchange of goods/services. Meaning, I'm fairly sure you can have a friend buy some from gLeaf, and then gift it to you.

Hopefully the VA GOP stops blocking progress and finally passes legal retail recreational sales here in the state soon.

Danger-Moose t1_j5z357t wrote

> You can, legally, have someone gift you some of their personal products as long as it's not a part of a financial transaction or exchange of goods/services. Meaning, I'm fairly sure you can have a friend buy some from gLeaf, and then gift it to you.

You can share marijuana:

> no civil or criminal penalty may be imposed for adult sharing of an amount of marijuana that does not exceed one ounce or of an equivalent amount of marijuana products.

I'd be interested to know the rules for prescribed marijuana, it seems like a trivial difference but I could see someone reacting stupidly to that.

fusion260 t1_j5z72ni wrote

I wondered the same, but as far as I can tell, medical marijuana is essentially considered the same as regular marijuana once it's purchased and taken out of the store.

IIRC, the "prescription" definition for medical marijuana was just a way to work it into the then-state regulated Board of Pharmacy portion of getting a license. Since the state subsequently dropped the requirement of a patient registering with the state to get a card from them, I don't think it'd be the same as giving someone your prescribed medication from a regular pharmacy.