Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Sculptasquad t1_j9f2yyz wrote

Yeah cause that is what the planet and humanity needsright now: more geriatric mothers...

SapphoTalk t1_j9fbxzx wrote

Older women are more established, have more resources, and have more freedom to make good decisions on who they'll choose as their child's father. Skewing the birth age up is good for everyone.

−1

Sculptasquad t1_j9fr4cy wrote

Except an increased risk of:

Preeclampsia.
Gestational diabetes.
Premature birth or low birth weight.
Expecting twins.
Miscarriage.
Down syndrome or other genetic disorders.
Cesarean section (c-section).
Stillbirth.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/22438-advanced-maternal-age

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/getting-pregnant/in-depth/pregnancy/art-20045756

Valyrian_Kobolds t1_j9g9cji wrote

I mean isn't the idea of researching fertility options later in life to reduce the likelihood of those problems?

aledba t1_j9ha75p wrote

Our (human) eggs age and die out. Naked Mole Rat eggs do not. The aging is what causes the high risk of problems. I don't know how someone could alter a female sex fetus's DNA to stop her being born with all of her eggs.

Valyrian_Kobolds t1_j9hafl6 wrote

Or perhaps they find a hormone that can provoke growth of new cells. Or something else. Hence why it's research and not a product yet

Sculptasquad t1_j9gklbz wrote

Not really.

Fertility research is related to the process of getting a woman pregnant. Not necessarily preventing any and all complications of pregnancy and carrying a child to term.

HoboScabs t1_j9fnmbk wrote

Not for the increased chances of the baby coming out of that old ass cave all fucked up.

But this great if they can help otherwise infertile women have the children they desire.

−11

wowthatssorude t1_j9fqbhy wrote

Missing the entire point of the science they’re studying

And then being so confident while being a dunce.

Priceless

Conchobar_the_nude t1_j9jjg3q wrote

>Not for the increased chances of the baby coming out of that old ass cave all fucked up.

What chance? Increased by what?