Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

JoeRogansNipple t1_jb8az4q wrote

In vitro, wait for actual clinical trials.

https://jcannabisresearch.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s42238-023-00174-z

>Our results indicate that cannabinoids can reduce human bladder transitional cell carcinoma cell viability, and that they can potentially exert synergistic effects when combined with other agents. Our in vitro results will form the basis for future studies in vivo and in clinical trials for the development of new therapies that could be beneficial for the treatment of bladder cancer in the future.

EllisDee3 t1_jb8e4sh wrote

I guess my plan of constantly smoking weed and masturbating isn't the bladder and prostate cancer cure-all I hoped it'd be.

Fantastic_Fox_9497 t1_jb98lss wrote

I was just about to invent the catheterannabis, the cannabis catheter. But I guess not now.

SimbaOnSteroids t1_jbafsnp wrote

No no, don’t be so hasty. Some of us might still have an ‘interest’

starmartyr t1_jbbd65z wrote

It's funny how Redditors are skeptical about any new cancer research unless it involves marijuana.

Aidyn_the_Grey t1_jb9m4fs wrote

My dad had Bladder cancer a bit more than a decade ago. I think he was around 58 at the time he found out. He'd been a daily smoker of cigarettes for most of his life (had quit around 5 years prior) but also a daily toker. His doctors told him he was fine to keep smoking, and actually encouraged it for several reasons (appetite being the main one). Thankfully it never got out of hand, and weirdly they used localized TB to treat it.

TheGnarWall t1_jba8q7l wrote

Not going to read the article. I'm just going to assume I'm cancer proof. Thanks science!

HomicidalChimpanzee t1_jb98593 wrote

Then I guess it's a good job they're constantly coursing through my bloodstream.

plumppshady t1_jbbsmap wrote

Can someone tell me if this means they found a link between cannabinoids and bladder cancer or they found a link between cannabinoids and no bladder cancer

Anita_Clue t1_jbccoav wrote

As someone with stage IV bladder cancer, this is encouraging.

AutoModerator t1_jb86yym wrote

Welcome to r/science! This is a heavily moderated subreddit in order to keep the discussion on science. However, we recognize that many people want to discuss how they feel the research relates to their own personal lives, so to give people a space to do that, personal anecdotes are allowed as responses to this comment. Any anecdotal comments elsewhere in the discussion will be removed and our normal comment rules apply to all other comments.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

[deleted] t1_jbc8uah wrote

Yes, this is certainly encouraging news! It would be interesting to find out more about how large of a reduction we are talking here, as well as the further implications of this type of therapy for bladder cancer treatment.