Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

AtomicPickles92 t1_iwciyc2 wrote

I am wondering how they defined loneliness. I have had depression for a long time. I also struggle with loneliness. The real issue is this “loneliness” is not as simple as “I wish I wasn’t alone” and this feeling persists whether a person is around or even talking to me.

The result is, in the moment, I can feel connected, but as soon as direct interaction ends, I am directly back to being just as lonely. So looking back, it makes me feel like I was really alone for a long time.

There is something to be said about getting what you need out of an interaction NOW to avoid being lonely LATER

Ruski_FL t1_iwdd8hk wrote

I feel the same. It doesn’t matter how many people I know or talk to. I feel always alone. It’s depressing.

Sometimes I find a romantic partner and feel like we know each other but it goes away.

AtomicPickles92 t1_iwdezhv wrote

I feel the same about a romantic partner.

I think the problem is we aren’t getting the chemicals we need and should be getting from these interactions.

I think we are defecient in something and it cause primary and secondary issues.

Primary: A feeling of loneliness

Secondary: An inability to sate my social appetite

I’m talking out of my ass though. I think legitimately that therapy and mental health treatment is really the only way to address it properly at this time in our life.

Ruski_FL t1_iwdh3c9 wrote

Yeah for sure.

Some people around me mentioned I might have adhd. I just gotta find a good mental health to profesional.