Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

vtssge1968 t1_iznberv wrote

It's extraordinarily hard to separate factors in most health studies, I have always assumed this is why health studies are always coming out contradicting each other and what is supposedly healthy is constantly changing...

vtssge1968 t1_iznbva7 wrote

Genetic factors are often overlooked especially now as it's getting to be politically incorrect to say one nationality is more prone to something then another, I understand the reasoning to some extent, but people that have lived under certain environmental conditions have evolved differently to adapt.. this is most pronounced and is undeniable in certain more isolated populations in extreme environments. Look up Eskimos, and Aborigines.

naijaboiler t1_izng21u wrote

ancestry is scientifically valid. Race is not. Race is not ancestry.

Race is a social construct that is loosely based on ancestry, just as nationality is a political construct that is loosely based on ancestry and geography

−2

vtssge1968 t1_izngwh1 wrote

Exactly my point, I never used the word race and someone immediately points this out, I said nationality which isn't precisely right either, but it has more to do with the region from where the ancestors came from...

IrrelevantPuppy t1_izqr7lq wrote

Exactly. Is it that they are very labor intensive jobs? Is it the lifestyle of a professional football player? Is it the concussions? Is it genetics that arise in correlation with other genetics that make you predisposed to be a good football player? Or is it the heavy steroid use?