Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

funkygrrl t1_j1fvlbx wrote

worldDev t1_j1gdomj wrote

People on a budget that get random thoughtless gifts on the holidays invented re-gifting. If something is not going to be used, I’m going to give it to someone that wants it so it doesn’t go to waste. I would hope if I miss the mark giving someone a gift they didn’t want that they can pass it on to someone. I would even go as far to say if you are offended when someone regifts your gift, you are narcissistically tying the gift to your own pride and ego.

zapatocaviar t1_j1gg7h7 wrote

Yep. This. It’s the best form of recycling (reuse).

KevinIsMyBFF t1_j1htgu7 wrote

>offended

Key word. Anyone can be hurt, no one wants to feel like they missed the mark with someone they are close to, but if you do it's ok, you can try again. No one said you can't gift to a loved one whenever :)

funkygrrl t1_j1i5emx wrote

My wealthy grandfather's second wife was a notorious regifter. One Christmas she gave me a green camisole with a size C cup. I was 10 years old. That same Christmas, she gave my little brothers really thin beach towels and had forgotten to remove the $1 Kmart tags from them. So when I think regifter, I think of her...rich and selfish and cheap.