Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Capitol__Shill t1_j09k3j5 wrote

It's definitely part of it. Low fodmap has been helping but I tried a new probiotic today and it wrecked my guts.

Chetkica t1_j09nf9f wrote

I also have fodmap intolerance (and a whole host of mental stuff, both trauma and ASD/OCD/Tourettes neurotype repated) and it has helped me too. Though its not a long term solution ideally keep in mind, it can cause you to not get enough nutrients.

probiotics are a mixed bag, you are pretty much playing russian roulette.

Fecal transplants help w such primary cases of depression, EDs and so on.

Capitol__Shill t1_j09nubw wrote

Honestly what helped me the most has been being on antibiotics. Soon as they ran out though, my stomach issues came back. I thought I had cured all of that while I was on them. So I'm continuing the low fodmap and experimenting with probiotics. Your right though it's literally Russian roulette. I started one today and it had me cramping up all day. I think I'm going to try and get into fermenting foods and making my own yogurt.

Chetkica t1_j09og65 wrote

fermented stuff is good, if low fodmap yes.

These probiotics have a higher success rate than synthetic ones. I had ideas of fermenting fruit soy yogurt (its good!) on my own, but dropped it because in europe soy milk is high fodmap so and they dont sell small tetra-pak of soy milk, only 1 L sadly.

bunnyguts t1_j0ais45 wrote

I read ‘I contain multitudes’. It’s not a nutrition book but it does has information about probiotics and probiotics. Might be worth checking out. It’s a bit discouraging of probiotics, but seems to indicate some prebiotics can be useful.