Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

barbariell t1_je7xv93 wrote

God, forgive me. I am emerging myself in a 3D world with goth, full body tatted b*tches. When possible going VR with it and never coming back to this reality

Lyconi t1_je8ki8k wrote

This is what might well happen. Everyone just drifts apart, off forever into their own personalised and curated VR metaverse much like we drift off into our phones today. Hmm...

Desi___Gigachad t1_je8wnpo wrote

Well, I don't think everyone might do that. Some will always prefer to stay in the real world. Like how some people still don't like using smartphones and use dumb phones instead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dandaman910 t1_je97n3c wrote

We will have a real world movement like the underground rebels in Demolition Man.

Dannno85 t1_je990kn wrote

I think you have just described our Great Filter

yaosio t1_jecba7f wrote

Once we have full body VR we will need AI to turn off our sexual attraction so we can do anything else.

WarProfessional3278 t1_je8i1a9 wrote

Just a heads up, this demo has existed for more than two years. Here's the original demo by the CEO of said company (posted on Jun. 23, 2020). Also, the tweet author linked here is a pretty unreliable source imo.

I have been unable to find any playable alpha version of their software, so I have to remain skeptical of how it actually works. The demo could be scripted.

funplayer3s t1_je88lwv wrote

I don't like when people tease products that aren't ready yet. It's like pointing at a closed store and saying what you'll have when you open.

I probably won't remember.

XtendingReality t1_je80ig0 wrote

makes generative ai structures but cant conquer square space

barbariell t1_je7y9lg wrote

their website is a bit trashy tho, weak design, not responsive and rushing you through the content. Gotta do a better job at presenting yourself

czk_21 t1_jea1h9f wrote

its unorthodox, I like the design

barbariell t1_jea2whx wrote

UX is below anything acceptable. Sure you find jt unorthodox, but that doesn’t necessarily make it a good design

TinyBurbz t1_je95nj4 wrote

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

Akimbo333 t1_je9rudp wrote

Cool! Future Pokemon FireRed Remake here I come!!!

PrivateLudo t1_je9vkft wrote

I always wanted a reimagined open-world pokemon game from Kanto or Sinnoh. God I hope I'll ever be alive to see it. Like this but even more detailed and immersive

Akimbo333 t1_jea9pwq wrote

That fan made sinnoh trailer is awesome!!! It's what the Sinnoh Remakes should've been, lol!!!

Spire_Citron t1_je9f2bh wrote

I can't wait for AI to start getting into video games, though I suspect we're still years away from anything truly groundbreaking. One of my favourite things in games is emergent storytelling and I'm super hyped to see this come out of more advanced game AI.

Yourbubblestink t1_jeabehm wrote

Real gamers started before there were graphics at all. Zork I maybe the greatest game in the history of gaming for its ability to be entirely text based,

No_Ninja3309_NoNoYes t1_jeav30p wrote

How long before we get the Star Trek holodeck? Maybe we are in a simulation after all...

Smellz_Of_Elderberry t1_jebw36m wrote

Anyone who reads like the LITrpg genre of books knows exactly where this is going.. In 3 years we will have full games being ai developed. With characters that actually live in those worlds..