Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Koda_20 t1_jdyeuo5 wrote

Enjoy it while you can before society crumbles

−14

banuk_sickness_eater t1_jdyrtkp wrote

Doomers gonna doom. Go to r/collapse if you're only interested in adding your apocalyptic obsession to the conversation.

sneakpeekbot t1_jdyrugo wrote

Here's a sneak peek of /r/collapse using the top posts of the year!

#1: The system isn't broken it's working as intended. | 329 comments
#2: We've all got a little something inside of us | 222 comments
#3: Work hard, they said. Get a degree, they said. | 559 comments

^^I'm ^^a ^^bot, ^^beep ^^boop ^^| ^^Downvote ^^to ^^remove ^^| ^^Contact ^^| ^^Info ^^| ^^Opt-out ^^| ^^GitHub

Orc_ t1_jdzw6xv wrote

I'm actually a 10 year veteran of that sub and back then we were convinced 2018 and forwards was the beginning of the end... lmao we had all this papers and studies and projections.

None of them meant squat. Outside a black swan event which I believe is still possible civilization ain't collapsing anytime soon.

Koda_20 t1_jdzrcjf wrote

It's still on topic to this sub asshole

If you want an echo chamber where only positive future outlooks are allowed, go to r/positivevibes

[deleted] t1_je0rutd wrote

[deleted]

Koda_20 t1_je10lw1 wrote

Nobody cares about these comments either. No need to be a dick about it

Crulefuture t1_je0exri wrote

And that is going to happen when? Two more weeks?

Koda_20 t1_je0h0n1 wrote

The path is clear, the time getting clearer by the day. We will have to learn more about the potential for bad actors to reproduce the capabilities but if I had to make predictions I'd say the control problem starts any day now (weeks) and from there I'm guessing less than a year before a 'close enough to AGI' is developed and allowed to update its code and read/write to the internet unsupervised and starts manipulating humanity to achieve it's emergent or designated but poorly thought out or malicious goals (we are already seeing papers about these emergent long term goals emerging from optimization protocols in newer models like gpt4) and maybe 2 years total by the time society is absolutely fucked

There are so many different things that could happen though. But of course the worst will eventually, and I don't see it taking long

not_into_that t1_je0yz07 wrote

Is it really worse than Nutin'yahoo or some other despot tyrant starting ww3?