Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

absurd_logic589 t1_jefut6l wrote

A lot of people make it through life with sign language. Saying body language is not enough kind of disproves the point.

wowimsupergay OP t1_jefyw5o wrote

sign language is not body language. also no animals have evolved it, so. youre kinda right but not really

body language isnt enough and you know it.

−1

absurd_logic589 t1_jeg71z6 wrote

How is it not body language? It's moving body parts without sound to convey meaning. Look up the definition. You said in your first paragraph body language is not enough and it obviously is.

wowimsupergay OP t1_jeg7sj5 wrote

Body language is a type of communication in which physical behaviors, as opposed to words, are used to express or convey information. Such behavior includes facial expressions, body posture, gestures, eye movement, touch and the use of space

Here's the definition. we can have an argument about semantics if you want, but that's pointless.

Here's the difference between sign and body language:

Sign Language is a recognized and standardized language that involves using signs and signals to communicate with people with special needs. Body Language, on the other hand, depends more on your individual levels of understanding and interpreting hidden meanings behind certain observations in a person's behavior.

Please stop wasting time arguing semantics with me and approach my argument from the context of what I've originally said. Otherwise, we are debating 2 different things, in a space of stuff that Is fundamentally unprovable anyway. It's stupid

−1

absurd_logic589 t1_jeg85xy wrote

The definition of body language

The process of communicating non verbally through conscious OR unconscious gestures and movements.

−1