Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

lawandordercandidate t1_jecjace wrote

They don't care currently. But when ChatGPT starts getting utilized more than Google, Google will try to adapt.

liramor t1_jecm25i wrote

once i started using ChatGPT, my use of Google search dropped dramatically. i wonder if search is even going to be profitable at all if most people prefer GPT's answers for most queries.

lawandordercandidate t1_jecnk10 wrote

Maybe something like "A leader in this field verifies this answer" next to the output?

liramor t1_jecocoy wrote

Honestly the things I would go outside ChatGPT for are the more obscure or non-mainstream stuff that GPT is "aligned" so heavily that it will never mention. I definitely would value a search engine that only provides non-AI generated stuff, for that reason alone.

TallOutside6418 t1_jee3g7n wrote

So AI is going to do for mankind all the things that human beings cannot do for themselves (cure cancer, give us immortality, create limitless energy, etc.), but you think people will have a preference to listen to the inferior advice of "a leader in this field"?

lawandordercandidate t1_jefsdjx wrote

>So AI is going to do for mankind all the things that human beings cannot do for themselves (cure cancer, give us immortality, create limitless energy, etc.), but you think people will have a preference to listen to the inferior advice of "a leader in this field"?

AI told me the other day that the way to fix my car sluggishly starting was to check the battery, starter solenoid, spark plugs AND fuel pump.

When every mechanic knows, it's just the fuel pump. There's knowledge, then there's insider knowledge.

TallOutside6418 t1_jefysjk wrote

Well you're talking about today. Everyone else here is talking about in the fairly near future when AI starts taking people's jobs. (the subject of this thread)

As AI continues to improve, humans won't be the experts of anything. It will all be AIs. Really, by the time that it would take a human teen to complete high school (four years), AI will be the go-to source for all practical knowledge (assuming we're still alive by then to see it).

TallOutside6418 t1_jee3a3g wrote

How will labeling AI answers hurt ChatGPT? If anything, ChatGPT and other AIs will provide superior answers, so people will prefer the better answers of an AI.

vivehelpme t1_jee0w37 wrote

> Google will try to adapt

Stagnant company trying to adapt, where have we seen this before?