Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Effective-Dig8734 t1_irgm3ge wrote

NativeEuropeas t1_irgmlpe wrote

What's your point, mate

−17

Effective-Dig8734 t1_irgmp0h wrote

That you’re saying people are overly optimistic about the arrival date of agi but you do not seem to be especially informed on what agi even is

NativeEuropeas t1_irgmz3q wrote

That's not an argument. That's just ad hominem.

If I'm mistaken, then please explain how and why I am wrong instead of attacking my knowledge without any substance and without saying anything meaningful.

−1

Hotchillipeppa t1_irgntio wrote

Saying "you do not seem to be especially informed" after giving a non-answers is quite possibly the nicest way they could've put that.

NativeEuropeas t1_irgoigl wrote

Nicest way to put that any attempt for a discussion with him is a waste of time? Yeah, I guess you're right...

−1

ihopeimnotdoomed t1_irhfvh8 wrote

That's just how you took it. Sentience doesn't necessarily have anything to do with AGI.

dilznup t1_irhw3u4 wrote

Oh my god dude, you make an assumption and then are unable to develop your perspective. That's anti-discussion.

NativeEuropeas t1_irhwsd7 wrote

I'm not here to stroke my ego, I don't need to win every internet talk, and I'll be gladly proven wrong.

The dude who replied above didn't really engaged in a discussion, didn't ask me "why do you think so?" , instead went in with stupid questions that didn't lead nowhere.

dilznup t1_irhwwbz wrote

He asked for your definition of sentience, that's a crucial point to understand your argument, and you're the one who refused to develop. You were not attacked at this point.

NativeEuropeas t1_irhx77e wrote

I understand that but what is the purpose of asking general definitions when the information is available at Wikipedia? My answer wouldn't really be that different from what is available to the general public.

dilznup t1_irhxktq wrote

There is an active debate about what sentience is, and depending on what you put in the word, it could explain why you see AGI happening later than most voters.

Ashamed-Asparagus-93 t1_irlxscw wrote

So we can see your perspective and better understand your opinion on the matter, that's the purpose