Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Desperate_Donut8582 t1_istfqf1 wrote

I’m asking you this question what is the significance of this tech?

Ezekiel_W t1_istjauv wrote

Goodbye photoshop.

Desperate_Donut8582 t1_istkv6a wrote

Yes but photoshop may buy this and make profit

−10

TheDividendReport t1_istvvzb wrote

At the rate image generation is progressing, trying to corner a specific application will be difficult. I say this after seeing DALL:E take payments for their service for maybe 3 months before stable diffusion completely kneecapped them with an open source program that does their tech better.

Desperate_Donut8582 t1_istymm6 wrote

That good for them but photoshop is paid service and there isn’t much free service software that are huge so it’s good they made it free

−10

mewme-mow t1_istol4t wrote

I mean about a month ago people were saying that making smaller/more sophisticated edits or several similar iterations of one image would only be possible in years if at all.

throwawaythepanda99 t1_isuvvuh wrote

How long until Photoshop is replaced? If it's just a couple of years, we can "accurately" predict that it'll be in a few months.

Coolmac t1_isuhid8 wrote

Your enemy doing a Nazi salute instead of just waving? Every time this kind of tech improves, our ability to trust images decreases.

Desperate_Donut8582 t1_isuhn74 wrote

I mean you can already photoshop it so… I don’t expect it to increase that much it’s just gonna be easier

Coolmac t1_isuioyu wrote

It's the speed and ease that makes misinformation so powerful

Desperate_Donut8582 t1_isuiw49 wrote

I wonder how that will shape society and if software developers could make things that detect those kind of changes or how people communicate will differ…..I doubt majority of people are gonna use it tho

Coolmac t1_isujo1r wrote

I think that detection of these images will happen, but it is always going to follow rather than lead.

Human nature of believing whatever confirms our biases will make this tech truly scary.

And yes I'm pessimistic 😂

Desperate_Donut8582 t1_isujt41 wrote

Especially conspiracy theorist who keep bunch of images that absolutely have no source…they definitely would go crazy with that tech