Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Chemical_Cobbler438 t1_ixkiak7 wrote

can this even draw fingers?

NTIASAAHMLGTTUD t1_ixkql66 wrote

Can you?

Rumianti6 t1_ixkt5gs wrote

I can. Even SD2 is still pretty subpar.

Strange_Vagrant t1_ixl47ye wrote

A flippant response to a flippant response to a flippant OP. I get what you're all saying (AI art can be rough around the edges) but the underlying reality that the hand drawings aren't what's critical here makes both comments so disposable.

You may be a talented artist but your craft will be fundamentally changing over the next year. Concerns about details (such as initial hand drawing) will butt up against the reality of customer expectations. Many paying customers don't really care about the nuances you learnt in your education/experience.

They want a cheap, quick, and good render of thier idea. The classic quality/cost/time triangle is collapsing into a singular dimension of quality where the distance between what weeks of what an experienced and trained expert and a couple of minutes mucking about with a prompt and slide bars can do is quickly closing.

Baron_Samedi_ t1_ixoekz6 wrote

Yes, lots of us can draw hands. It just takes a little practice.

Art students can learn passable hands within a semester.

Honestly, if you already know how to create digital art, there are so many existing resources for bashing together exactly what you want quickly and efficiently that the hype suggesting SD is going to eat everything is just boring nonsense.

Art AIs are impressive, but they are still quite limited in what they are genuinely useful for.

blueSGL t1_ixkwzwv wrote

need to wait for someone to make a 'negative prompt' text embedding for v2.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StableDiffusion/comments/yy2i5a/i_created_a_negative_embedding_textual_inversion/

so a token for a vector that points towards undesirable areas in latent space where fuck up fingers live, and you use this as a negative prompt to drive your desired prompt vector further away from that point in latent space (I don't know about anyone else but trying to conceptualize higher dimensional spaces is really troublesome)