Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

FilthyCommieAccount t1_iyxvxrd wrote

Reply to comment by TinyBurbz in this sub by TinyBurbz

I agree short term. Ten years from now though I think there's a case to be made that the market for digital visual artists is going to look a lot like the market for work horses. Very niche and not really a viable career option for aspiring creatives. Image models will be so good by then that it literally won't make sense to employ a human to do it.

TinyBurbz OP t1_iyxxvqm wrote

>Ten years from now though I think there's a case to be made that the market for digital visual artists is going to look a lot like the market for work horses

So human made art will be an expensive highly valuable luxury item? Sounds like aspiring creatives can get very far.

FilthyCommieAccount t1_iyz695l wrote

Not really. The market will be very small. Like ask yourself was it easier making a living as a handcrafted furniture builder (or just craftsman in general) before industrialization? Yeah because now the vast majority of the market but stuff made from an assembly line. Sure there's a very small group of elite furniture builders that stuck around but in general it was bad for the people who did that for a living. This is the assembly line for digital art.