Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

addictedposter OP t1_j188q03 wrote

Ah… such is the world of freelance and the tech world. What do you mean by physical dimension though? Like physical jobs? I used to be an all around handyman before I was doing PPC, SEO and SMM. If worse comes to worse, that might be where it’s at… or just keep upskilling like how every freelancer is doing.

genshiryoku t1_j189nmi wrote

Something related to your area of expertise that has a physical dimension to it. Like actually having to physically be doing something for SMM.

If you're upskilling be sure to think about this physical factor. For example in the IT sector embedded software engineers have a leg up on general software engineers because there is a physical component to it which is hard(er) to automate away.

If you're thinking about continuing the SMM way then be sure to specialize in more abstract/unconventional ways that add a physical dimension to it. So not just merely thinking about typed text through social media or written strategies.

I'm not an expert on marketing though so you yourself will have to think and find out on your how own how to navigate this disruption.