Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

marvinthedog t1_j317tg3 wrote

I do think it will be quite painless because that´s what experts on this scenario seem to think. I am more worried about the increasingly turbulent time in society leading up to this point. I just want to avoid stress and have a good time. One other big problem is that I am to cought up in other stressfull (but comparatively minor) things in my life right now when i should be focusing on being happy instead.

I wouldn´t say I have actual anxiety about AI doom, yet. One thing that I think has helped me to avoid this anxiety is that I have done extensive philosophizing about "the teleportation dilemma" which has caused me to view the concept of death completely differently.

In a way, I almost worry more about the overall level of conscious happiness throughout all of time and space throughout all dimensions/simulations/realities because that is the ONLY thing that ultimately matters in the end. This got deep, but this philosophy helps me cope with impending doom.

visarga t1_j36i9o1 wrote

> I almost worry more about the overall level of conscious happiness throughout all of time and space throughout all dimensions/simulations/realities because that is the ONLY thing that ultimately matters in the end

This doesn't make sense from an evolutionary point of view. There's no big brotherhood of conscious entities, it's competition for resources.

Ginkotree48 t1_j31i9qh wrote

Yeah its scary to see ourselves dive into philisophical and spiritual stuff because of our worries. But they are comforting for a reason.

I have wondered many times if this is just a simulation of everything leading up to its creation run by it when it wants to learn exactly what happened before it existed. And when its created it ends this simulation.

Idk bunch of wierd crazy thoughts. I have struggled for years belieiving this is the base reality when the creation of just one simulated reality reduces the odds this one is base by 50%.