Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

mechanicalcontrols t1_j8yn0pm wrote

Sounds good on paper but that just means wars go from being international fighting to partisan fighting. Humans just simply aren't evolved enough yet in my estimation to make that work.

PandaEven3982 t1_j8ysh96 wrote

In your estimation. Is it off the cuff, where you actually look at psychology, have you looked at medicine, have you looked at making it possible instead of saying it isn't? Have you looked at any numbers? Have you looked at methodologies? Have you looked at the parenting problem?. All of these things are actually solvable. You want to know what's not solvable? Violence-based capitalism.

EDIT: the short hand is you believe humans are too stupid to grow up, so it's not possible. Would that be a fair assessment?

mechanicalcontrols t1_j8z0azx wrote

I never said it isn't possible entirely. I mean I don't think it's possible right now. How quickly do you see current governments being willing to give up their sovereignty?

PandaEven3982 t1_j8z6jrv wrote

I'm looking at 40 years as the total timetable. Ideally, in about 5 years from the stsrt of acceptance. Edit. It's mostly a mindset thing in terms of adjusting. We've built the tools already.

Joe_Spiderman t1_j8z7djd wrote

You sound like you are completely divorced from reality.

mechanicalcontrols t1_j8zey0o wrote

No kidding. I can guarantee them that say, the US for example, isn't going to give up its sovereignty in 40 or so years. It won't even give up military hegemony and barely even joined the UN.

PandaEven3982 t1_j8z8ts0 wrote

Is there a reason I should listen to a troll with no karma? :-)

Joe_Spiderman t1_j8z92el wrote

Imagine caring about how many imaginary internet points a person has...

PandaEven3982 t1_j8za3h4 wrote

Now you want to talk bgp and egp? What pray tell is an imaginary internet point. Teach me.

I'm not interested in metaphors, or similes, or analogies, or euphemism. I am discussing the state of the art in a number of current technologies, and how they apply to the real world around us. At the same time, I'm also talking about a broken sociology, based on nothing but old stupidity. Just because you think drudging for a living is the natural state of human beings, does not mean that the rest of us have to agree with you. Edit

mechanicalcontrols t1_j8zihnu wrote

Do you honestly believe the US, as an example, will willingly give up its sovereignty within its borders in 40 years? They currently have plans to fly the B-52 bomber for half that window.

What about China? Is the CCP going to relinquish power just for your world government idea?

PandaEven3982 t1_j8zm8vs wrote

Not what I said. i said it will take 40 years from whenever we start Willingly, no not yet. But in 5 10 years when we start diieing back from global warming, as China and USA have huge demographics problems, yeah, it starts becoming feasible. Eventually it gets bad enough, we either war ot drown. Humans may start becoming reasonable.

Yah, I think all the short term thinking is coming due soon now. :-) The next let them eat cake moment approaches, and then yup, we might be ready to cooperate.

mechanicalcontrols t1_j8zqaol wrote

I think it's more likely climate change plunges us into a third world war instead of a sunshine and rainbows world wide mutual aid commune but okay.

PandaEven3982 t1_j8zsxrt wrote

And right after the war, maybe we grow up. That's my hope. I don't think the war gets avoided unless we start drowning first. After either, we move forward.