Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

wdd09 OP t1_ja2yych wrote

Weather was really crappy, but sometimes mother nature throws you a break! That was the case for me Wednesday evening as I hoped to catch the trifecta of celestial objects in the Moon, Jupiter, and Venus. However, with an expansive stratus deck overhead I was about to give up when I saw a few glimpses of the moon peak out between rare breaks in the stratus. So I went to my planned shooting location and sat, camera ready, waiting for that one break in the clouds. Unfortunately, with how expansive the deck was, it prevented me from capturing all three bodies, but I was able to take advantage of a 7 second break in the clouds to capture this image!

The foreground is a 3 image HDR to capture the large dynamic range of the building. The background containing the Moon and Jupiter was blended in to the HDR foreground. Brought up the lower exposure of the background (which consisted of one of the 3 HDR shots) to match the lighting of the foreground while preserving the highlights in the Moon/Jupiter to not overexpose them.

Sony a7iii, Samyang 85mm f/1.4 lens.

More of my work is on my Instagram:@WrightDobbs

ean5cj t1_ja2z5o3 wrote

Nice capture: proper composition, perfect lighting, and you got luck with the slight fog! 💚

wdd09 OP t1_ja2z9b9 wrote

Thank you! Yea just a small 7 second window. The Moon and Jupiter didn't reappear after this so very lucky!