Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

kenlasalle t1_ja309xk wrote

In Florida, where they're only allowed by law to call those lights in the sky "shimmers."

/s

Shitchuffer t1_ja6ux2o wrote

We live in a glass dome duh. Those are sky projections. As an experienced born and raised Floridian I know this

keep_calm_and_prep_ t1_ja8ilet wrote

I was going to say that this picture looks a little bit too close to witchcraft and wizardry for Florida.

Those of you missing my joke I'm referring to Harry Potter being on the list of books that are not being allowed in the schools. From what my small brain can understand, it it is because witchcraft and wizardry is anti-christian.

wdd09 OP t1_ja2yych wrote

Weather was really crappy, but sometimes mother nature throws you a break! That was the case for me Wednesday evening as I hoped to catch the trifecta of celestial objects in the Moon, Jupiter, and Venus. However, with an expansive stratus deck overhead I was about to give up when I saw a few glimpses of the moon peak out between rare breaks in the stratus. So I went to my planned shooting location and sat, camera ready, waiting for that one break in the clouds. Unfortunately, with how expansive the deck was, it prevented me from capturing all three bodies, but I was able to take advantage of a 7 second break in the clouds to capture this image!

The foreground is a 3 image HDR to capture the large dynamic range of the building. The background containing the Moon and Jupiter was blended in to the HDR foreground. Brought up the lower exposure of the background (which consisted of one of the 3 HDR shots) to match the lighting of the foreground while preserving the highlights in the Moon/Jupiter to not overexpose them.

Sony a7iii, Samyang 85mm f/1.4 lens.

More of my work is on my Instagram:@WrightDobbs

ean5cj t1_ja2z5o3 wrote

Nice capture: proper composition, perfect lighting, and you got luck with the slight fog! 💚

wdd09 OP t1_ja2z9b9 wrote

Thank you! Yea just a small 7 second window. The Moon and Jupiter didn't reappear after this so very lucky!

fistofthefuture t1_ja3apfo wrote

I’m surprised you know what they were with how little literary resources you now have at your disposal.

Rao_Tzu t1_ja3e8sg wrote

DeSantis hasn’t started burning astronomers yet.

He’s still working through our microbiologists and librarians.

wdd09 OP t1_ja3f83j wrote

Thankfully I got my degree 10 years ago before things got worse. Despite things getting worse here, still love this state for the beauty it provides. Refuse to let it be taken over.

bigkoi t1_ja3ey7w wrote

It's either FSU's Wescott building or Hampton Court. The palm trees give it away to Florida!

haniblecter t1_ja5vyrb wrote

just out of picture, a naked man on pcp wrestling a dead gator in a dress

Chadmartigan t1_ja83f6e wrote

This is a really unfair and narrow-minded thing to say.

PCP is hard to come by in Tallahassee, so it would be meth.

Yourdailykarma333 t1_ja69tkq wrote

Was this last night? I live in Tallahassee and it was so foggy and creepy here last night...

WackyBones510 t1_ja5x44w wrote

They have aligned! Cancel the GOR and get Sankey on the phone!

SonOfFloridaMan t1_ja6ikf6 wrote

Wait the Star I’ve been seeing this week was Jupiter?

wdd09 OP t1_ja6it0q wrote

In the western sky after sunsets yes

SahloFolinaCheld t1_ja6rner wrote

I know someone who goes to Florida State. Might send this to them, but I don't really talk to them very often.

jharrisimages t1_ja7b0s0 wrote

Surprised you could see it, I missed so many meteor showers over the last 10 years living in Louisiana. The South is HORRIBLE for sky watching. Now that I’m back in California I’m ready to catch the Lyrids in April!

wdd09 OP t1_ja7xbic wrote

South isnt that bad! Ive been able to get alot of astrophotography in. Just look at my profile and IG.

POVTips t1_ja7n88b wrote

Last week I saw Moon, Venus and Jupiter close together.

Taiza67 t1_ja679oa wrote

I’m surprised that Florida hasn’t tried to outlaw astronomy yet.

−1

HertzBraking t1_ja78amx wrote

You correlating race and genitalia obsession with science?

Taiza67 t1_ja7nibn wrote

I was moreso hitting on the banned book list. Can’t have your students learning to think critically!

MaMa_llama_1994 t1_ja34rsr wrote

Watch out! Criminoles like to steal...Go Gators!

−6