Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

diox8tony t1_iu7u2b7 wrote

I refuse to believe OP is talking about the rotated image. However I couldn't pause enough to see any parallax differences so idk what difference they are asking about.

MalcolmY OP t1_iu88sr7 wrote

Yes I wasn't asking about simple rotation of the image. The image looks like it was taken from somewhere else in space. Like imagine if Hubble was imaging to the right X light years, while Spitzer was to the left X light years. That was my initial perception when I saw the image, but obviously it wasn't something like that. So I was wondering what was going on.

It seems the consensus is it was simply "rotated".

DuncanEastwood t1_iu8bl9d wrote

It 𝘸𝘒𝘴 taken from somewhere else in space. The object that we're "viewing" and the telescopes have all been moving since the first images were captured.

Lord_Space_Lizard t1_iu8oiga wrote

> It 𝘸𝘒𝘴 taken from somewhere else in space.

They're 7,000 light-years away from us. A light year is 6,000,000,000,000 miles so these things are 42,000,000,000,000,000 miles away. A couple hundred thousand miles between camera locations aren't going to do shit to perspective.

> The object that we're "viewing" and the telescopes have all been moving since the first images were captured.

Again, they're 7,000 light-years away, in the 30 years between photos there wasn't enough time for things to move enough to have any impact