Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

theta0123 t1_itzdcvu wrote

I hope i live old enough to see humans land on mars.. (31 y old now)

FeistmasterFlex t1_itzj9mw wrote

Take care of yourself and you will.

theta0123 t1_itzju0n wrote

Well i dont smoke, only drink alcohol on occasion, eat balanced and no drugs.

That being said.. *drinks his 5th cup of coffee

lezarian t1_itzl2k2 wrote

Only 95 more and you can slow time. Be the next Fry and live forever. haha

TreehouseJesus t1_iu0sxcq wrote

We'll be there in the next 10 years. He could do the drug of his choice every weekend between now and then and still be alive to see it. But obviously don't do that

LeftistEddie t1_iu0exo4 wrote

Uh unfortunately without us collectively taking care of the planet and its health, none of us will live to see humans on Mars

FeistmasterFlex t1_iu0ichv wrote

If by "us collectively" you mean the massive corporations currently in charge of legislature, sure. But also, from what I hear, we're starting to beat climate change.

LeftistEddie t1_iu0u5de wrote

I would love some sources you could point me to about "starting to beat climate change" and by us collectively yes I mean forcing our government to crack down and work for us and the planet, but they wont and we wont force them because most people are still blind to the climate crisis, plastics crisis, waste crisis etc.

GUMBYtheOG t1_iu2xvw9 wrote

Hear that bus?! Can’t hit me unexpectedly if I take care of myself

FeistmasterFlex t1_iu40j1x wrote

Yes, this is actually a little known fact. By universal law bus drivers are obligated to avoid people who take care of themselves. If this law is broken, spacetime will warp to prevent the collision and the driver will be prosecuted accordingly.