Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Supreme_InfiniteVibe t1_j4d261n wrote

Look, the multiverse exists.

We will never be able to see other universes or prove that they exist.

Whenever a black hole sucks energy and matter through it’s singularity that energy and matter is spit out into a new singularity thus creating a new universe.

So energy is infinite.

−1

Mkwdr t1_j4dgnhy wrote

I’m not sure there is actually much in the way of evidence for these rather definitive statements.

Supreme_InfiniteVibe t1_j4dov88 wrote

Things don’t need evidence to be true or false. When something is, it simply is.

Mkwdr t1_j4dvxpo wrote

Whilst it's trie but entirely trivial that what is ... is. Claims do need evidence to be taken seriously and we can't know what is without evidence.

Supreme_InfiniteVibe t1_j4dy8tq wrote

I don’t need evidence to know something is true when my gut already knows from faith and facts provided.

Black holes have a singularity and the Big Bang had a singularity. Put it together

Mkwdr t1_j4fa1b4 wrote

>I don’t need evidence to know something is true when my gut already knows from faith and facts provided.

lol. So everything and anything anyone has ‘in their gut’ must be true? I always knew Santa was real…

Or you just have a special git detection device no one else does.

I mean frankly this is just silly. There’s overwhelming evidence that people believe contradictory , absurd , and provably wrong things.

Believe what you like but don’t pretend it has anything to do with reality or science. Don’t expect anyone to take it seriously.

>Black holes have a singularity and the Big Bang had a singularity.

These are based on mathematical modelling and extrapolation. Whether or not there was an actual singularity in the Big Bang is very much debated as is whether it would be the same kind of thing as what might be in black holes. It’s difficult to say since our mathematical modelling break down by that point.

>Put it together

And make something entirely imaginary and unjustified? Provide evidence that a singularity discharges energy into other universes….. Or this has any thing to do with infinite energy ( especially since some argue that the overall level of energy in this universe is zero).

Oh but I forgot. Your evidence is - ‘I feel it in my gut’ . lol. I guess that saves doing the science or the maths at least.

In the words of the prophets of Monty Python…

>He’s making it up as he goes along.

Supreme_InfiniteVibe t1_j4fc9bw wrote

Bruh I don’t believe in absurd things. I know what I know and I know the multiverse is real that’s it. People can debate on whether the Big Bang had a singularity or not but like it did. Where else did everything come from the bang? Quit waiting on proof that you’ll never get and just use your intuition

Mkwdr t1_j4fcz5e wrote

Like I said

>He’s making it up he goes along.

So it’s just your gut that works as a physics detector then? The fact that peoples ‘guts’ evidently contradict eachother or have proposed things that later turned out to be false …. doesn’t undermine your gut. How lucky. You should market it.

Believing that your gut can inform you of the truth or not of the physics of complex cosmological phenomena is pretty much the definition of absurd.

Intuitively it’s obvious that the world is flat and the sun travels around it …… that must be true then. lol

Anyway enough of Camelot your gut … ‘tis a very silly place.’

Supreme_InfiniteVibe t1_j4gkj8g wrote

It’s not very intuitive that the world is flat. Some physics I don’t know enough about to have intuition on it. I know what I know.

Mkwdr t1_j4gkx5h wrote

>It’s not very intuitive that the world is flat.

I guess history isn’t a strong point either.

>Some physics I don’t know enough about to have intuition on it.

Seems like you dint know enough about physics fullstop if you think evidence is unimportant and gut instinct is enough.

>I know what I know.

You believe what you believe. Knowledge entails a quality of justification. ‘Feels’ is neither evidence nor justification.

Manureofhistory OP t1_j4g6pig wrote

You’re making a “brute fact” argument for the multiverse and then saying it’s unprovable. Why shouldn’t that statement be received as dogmatic or delusional?