Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

BeepBlipBlapBloop t1_j6bca0f wrote

If the resources are there, I'd say mid-to-late 30s wouldn't be an unreasonable guess.

Elbynerual t1_j6bca73 wrote

I thought the earliest, realistic date that people are shooting for is in the 2030s, but I can't remember.

kalysti t1_j6bcwpo wrote

NASA is looking at landing a short manned mission on Mars in the late 2030s or the 2040s. They have been very successful in missions involving humans and in missions involving landings, so I'd say that is a pretty realistic timeframe.

PoppersOfCorn t1_j6bcx6m wrote

A lot will depend on whether a suicide mission is sanctioned or not. If that happens, then end of the decade early 30s.

To do it with more safely involved, maybe late 30s or even the 40s. Trial runs need to happen to see if we can land and take off again, even equipment left there for arrival.

SpartanJack17 t1_j6bcxwq wrote

Hello u/TheGreatestOutdoorz, your submission "What is a realistic timeframe for landing the first human on Mars? I have seen predictions for the next few years, but that seems almost impossible." has been removed from r/space because:

• Such questions should be asked in the "All space questions" thread stickied at the top of the sub.

Please read the rules in the sidebar and check r/space for duplicate submissions before posting. If you have any questions about this removal please message the r/space moderators. Thank you.

whiskey_piker t1_j6bdodw wrote

You mean, assuming we’ve been to apace previously or have the technology to get into space today?