Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Fullertonjr t1_j9jlsxb wrote

He is projected to be a top five pick. This changes nothing. He didn’t do anything wrong. He didn’t commit a crime. If the state of Alabama could charge him with a crime, they absolutely would. You can legally carry and possess a firearm in Alabama without a permit or background check. He transported a gun that was owned by an individual directly to that owner.

−20

thegroovemonkey t1_j9jpe7t wrote

>He didn’t do anything wrong. He didn’t commit a crime.

Not mutually exclusive

houstonyoureaproblem t1_j9k7j1q wrote

Your claim that the state of Alabama would absolutely charge Miller with a crime if they could is laughable.

They've chosen not to do so, but he 100% could've been charged in several different ways if the authorities had wanted to go that direction.

Fullertonjr t1_j9pf5t0 wrote

Too many people on here are incapable of reading an article or reading comprehension. Here is a DIRECT QUOTE from the article:

Paula Whitley, Tuscaloosa chief deputy district attorney, told AL.com on Tuesday that "there's nothing we could charge [Miller] with."

Now, explain what different ways you are aware of that he could/would be charged with a crime, that the Chief Deputy District Attorney for this region is not aware of and that had not been considered for which evidence is available and that a conviction would be probable.

I’ll wait.

−1

houstonyoureaproblem t1_j9qp5p0 wrote

Yes, I too am shocked that the prosecutor people are complaining didn’t do his job said that he did, in fact, do his job.

There’s no point in wasting time explaining the obvious ways he could’ve been charged to you. Based on my own personal experience, anyone with a legal background claiming he couldn’t have been charged is either lying or being deliberately ignorant. Feel free to choose your own adventure.