Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

blumpkinmania t1_j9iae0g wrote

The coach doesn’t seem phased at all that one of his players gave another player a gun that was then given to a third guy who shot a woman to death

kafelta t1_j9p1kxq wrote

Yeah, it's not great.

Alabama fans seem happy to ignore it too.

chugonthis t1_j9jdkb6 wrote

And used his car to block the road but they ain't gonna charge him or even suspend him

Since people are still arguing he didn't block anyone.

"On the return trip, police allege that Miller parked his car in a manner that blocked the Jeep that Harris, her boyfriend and a cousin, who is an Alabama student, were in."

https://sports.yahoo.com/alabamas-brandon-miller-could-have-stopped-a-tragedy-he-didnt-235307398.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMOCV0ODBNYBzddBSUndrEFA93k7khkBOEYKLcoyv1ylX8fs3RfLTifhXp8k6KlN9gdi97KKaavzQwxMXaxMZFxVBYl5N52Q_Q7ChbFMIXzWv1fmQrg7jSXd7B2-ndMftsnujKOaGYyUobNEvLjbnK1x3cfjj3oxS8yY3P620NS3

WizBillyfa t1_j9h7azo wrote

Click bait title aside.

This isn’t new information for those close to the situation.

The text message asking for the gun didn’t express any intent to commit murder.

Tuscaloosa PD has already said there’s nothing to charge him with.

Nate Oats said he didn’t think he really did anything wrong.

This most likely leads to absolutely nothing for Brandon Miller. Just a media black eye for a little while.

jackloganoliver t1_j9had3h wrote

It's still likely to impact him come draft time one would think. Maybe not making him undraftable, but some sort of fall down the board would make sense.

Strange-Effort1305 t1_j9ia8di wrote

What team is going to waste their draft pick on a guy who participated in a murder????

−20

jackloganoliver t1_j9iexys wrote

I think the publicly available information suggests he had no knowledge of an impending murder. So some team out there is going to chalk it up to youthful indiscretions or poor judgment and take a chance on him.

Or maybe not. Maybe he does go undrafted because of this. We'll see.

Fullertonjr t1_j9jlsxb wrote

He is projected to be a top five pick. This changes nothing. He didn’t do anything wrong. He didn’t commit a crime. If the state of Alabama could charge him with a crime, they absolutely would. You can legally carry and possess a firearm in Alabama without a permit or background check. He transported a gun that was owned by an individual directly to that owner.

−20

thegroovemonkey t1_j9jpe7t wrote

>He didn’t do anything wrong. He didn’t commit a crime.

Not mutually exclusive

houstonyoureaproblem t1_j9k7j1q wrote

Your claim that the state of Alabama would absolutely charge Miller with a crime if they could is laughable.

They've chosen not to do so, but he 100% could've been charged in several different ways if the authorities had wanted to go that direction.

Fullertonjr t1_j9pf5t0 wrote

Too many people on here are incapable of reading an article or reading comprehension. Here is a DIRECT QUOTE from the article:

Paula Whitley, Tuscaloosa chief deputy district attorney, told AL.com on Tuesday that "there's nothing we could charge [Miller] with."

Now, explain what different ways you are aware of that he could/would be charged with a crime, that the Chief Deputy District Attorney for this region is not aware of and that had not been considered for which evidence is available and that a conviction would be probable.

I’ll wait.

−1

houstonyoureaproblem t1_j9qp5p0 wrote

Yes, I too am shocked that the prosecutor people are complaining didn’t do his job said that he did, in fact, do his job.

There’s no point in wasting time explaining the obvious ways he could’ve been charged to you. Based on my own personal experience, anyone with a legal background claiming he couldn’t have been charged is either lying or being deliberately ignorant. Feel free to choose your own adventure.

Low-iq-haikou t1_j9hnl94 wrote

How is this a click bait title? It is a fact of the case.

break_it07 t1_j9i80i5 wrote

It’s click bait because the bammer wants it to be.

WizBillyfa t1_j9jhymo wrote

I see reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit. Auburn made up his mind from reading the headline.

−18

break_it07 t1_j9jl60i wrote

You big mad, huh, little bro? I’ve read several articles. The kid fucked up big time and should be charged.

culverhibbs14 t1_j9l4604 wrote

With what?

−2

break_it07 t1_j9luo5u wrote

Miller gave Miles the fun. Miles gave Davis the gun. If Miles is charged with murder, what does that make Miller? At the absolute very least, he should be suspended from the team. But Nate has zero character.

culverhibbs14 t1_j9lvk2b wrote

Lololol my dude you haven’t read or seen any of the facts but go head. Miller didn’t intend to do anything. Miles was apart of it. But you just want to see another innocent black man in jail don’t ya?

break_it07 t1_j9lw4yf wrote

Actually, I’ve read everything I can find on it.

“Miles texted Miller, ‘I need my joint a n****r rl jus got fakin.’” The motherfucker knew what the fuck he was getting into, but go on acting stupid about it. If he wasn’t wearing crimson, you’d think differently.

culverhibbs14 t1_j9lwdv1 wrote

He was already on his way to pick up miles and has the cellphone and dash cam to prove it when he got the text.

break_it07 t1_j9lwj6w wrote

Every news report says Miller gave Miles the gun. Are you implying that he did not?

culverhibbs14 t1_j9lwy71 wrote

He had the gun in his car. Miller was going to pick up miles. While miller was driving miles texted him the give me my gun text. Miller arrived miles grabs his gun. Dude miller even got his car shot at. You are just mad because he isn’t wearing orange.

break_it07 t1_j9lx4iw wrote

Well I’ll be damned. EVERY fucking article I’ve read said Miller gave him the gun. And they are all wrong. Fuck me.

culverhibbs14 t1_j9lxvwd wrote

Well media does like to spit speculation out before the facts come out

WizBillyfa t1_j9kfhq7 wrote

lol. You’re adorable, sweetheart. I’m glad you know how to read. Now go take whatever evidence you’re withholding to the Tuscaloosa Police Department because you obviously have something they don’t.

−7

WizBillyfa t1_j9hrgkt wrote

It clearly intends to communicate a much heavier implication than what’s actually happening in order to get people to either click on the article or jump to conclusions.

−14

-OG-uillen13 t1_j9ibj6r wrote

He brought a gun to a party for his friend AND boxed in the car of the victims party so they couldn't leave. You implying this guy did nothing wrong is absolutely laughable. He shouldn't play another minute for Alabama.

WizBillyfa t1_j9jhxbb wrote

Funny that you think you know more than the police and detectives closest to the situation enough to condemn him.

−2

ultim8umly t1_j9ke1j1 wrote

This is my problem with everyone's reaction to this news. If Brandon had in fact done everything to the extent that everyone here claims, he would 100% be convicted as an accomplice. He wasn't convicted, and has fully cooperated with police in the process. Clearly the situation is bad, but it's not nearly as bad as everyone seems to be putting on.

Let the professionals figure it out, THEN we can react

−4

WizBillyfa t1_j9kew3j wrote

Right. You got people jumping at a grabby headline, trying to condemn a kid for something that the police clearly don’t feel is worth condemnation, presumably because they don’t like the basketball uniform he wears.

Investigators know more than we do. Police know more than we do. Nate Oats knows more than we do. The district attorney knows more than we do. We have an article that most won’t even read past the headline before they’ve decided he should spend his life behind bars.

Low-iq-haikou t1_j9hrzbo wrote

What I gathered from the title is that an Alabama player provided someone a gun that was later used in a shooting

WizBillyfa t1_j9hsnxj wrote

Yep, and now you click on the article expecting that he is being charged with a crime. My first instinct upon reading that headline is to click on the article to see if he’s facing charges, too. They give you half of the story so you’ll click on it because “Alabama F Brandon Miller Not Facing Charges for Providing Murder Weapon” is something you read once then keep scrolling.

−9

chugonthis t1_j9jdpe7 wrote

Oh he should be charged especially after he used his car to block others from getting away.

houstonyoureaproblem t1_j9k7rmj wrote

The newsworthy part is that he hasn't been charged, which was the point of the article. Almost every other person in his situation would've been.

MSteele1967 t1_j9k4cu7 wrote

"Just a media black eye for a little while" I guess your right if we all lived on planet Ray Lewis. His actions led directly to a murder. I am certainly hoping it leads to a little more than a black eye.
BTW- has he clarified why he let the other guy know 'one was in the head' and why he parked his car they way he did?

houstonyoureaproblem t1_j9k7xwq wrote

One important distinction:

Ray Lewis was charged and put on trial. Similar situations, but the potential consequences are different when you're a star athlete in Alabama.

culverhibbs14 t1_j9l3yny wrote

Lol there are a lot of differences but I guess you haven’t read what actually happened

−1

houstonyoureaproblem t1_j9lsum8 wrote

I have read what actually happened, but my post wasn't about all the differences between the two cases. It was just about "one important distinction."

Next time, I'd suggest reading what was written before responding. Best of luck to you.

culverhibbs14 t1_j9l4gow wrote

The gun stores actions and the bars actions lead to the murder as well as the parents of everyone involved

[deleted] t1_j9li5p2 wrote

Unfortunately, Sports > Everything

kettlechipsandbells t1_j9n9a3y wrote

I think this thread is an example of how quickly ignorance can spread and knee jerk reactions can take precedent over objective facts . There’s a lot of people here ready to lock a kid up because of their emotional response towards a young guy that’s having success. Don’t be like these people. They’re also most likely not adults or barely adults that have much to learn

kettlechipsandbells t1_j9leysc wrote

I keep seeing people claim he boxed the victim in with his car. Can someone link where they read that?

loveljd t1_j9gsjdy wrote

I think if this assist had been counted with his stats that night he’d have had a triple double!

−21