Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

MNtwinkee t1_jan04k4 wrote

Never-ending Pasta bowl

New2ThisThrowaway t1_jan7q1q wrote

Eastern Conference Finals sponsored by Olive Garden. Never ending pasta and bread sticks

Noregard86 t1_japcmws wrote

Use your noodle and the pastabilities are endless breadsticks.

PhishPhan82 t1_jamuw7k wrote

🍝🍝🍝 Great move by the Bruins, Pasta is their future.

oatmeal28 t1_janmoz8 wrote

He’s also the present, the here and now, the alpha and omega

Neilpuck t1_jan2u2f wrote

Certainly he deserves the money and the Bruins are trying to win now. I know I get my ass handed to me whenever I notice that a team could be fucked capwise. They have 10MM under the cap for next season with only 5 forwards signed beyond this year. Somehow TB always makes it work we'll see how the Bruins do; esp without top two picks the next few years.

guernsey123 t1_jan80l3 wrote

Could be worse, could be the Canucks who are 6th last in the league and already over the cap next season.

hedonisticaltruism t1_janfe04 wrote

Yes but think of all the wingers we have.

Starsky686 t1_janlk85 wrote

As an oilers fan since the 80’s. I can say for certain that all you need for success is skilled wingers. (If success is measured by how many 1OA’s you get, so you can draft more skilled wingers). 😬

hedonisticaltruism t1_janv6n5 wrote

Well, at least I can take solace that the Canucks will never get 1OA unless they've traded away that pick.

Starsky686 t1_janvnbo wrote

Can’t waste them on the wrong pick if you never get one. -big brain meme

pattydo t1_janaxxo wrote

7 forwards signed beyond this year. Reilly is going to get bought out or traded to free up at least $1.5M. I don't see them having much trouble.

Neilpuck t1_janeuap wrote

Ah, I was on cap friendly and forgot about Taylor hall on IR.

TheRealAlexisOhanian t1_jap5z6q wrote

Also have 7 defenders signed, I have a feeling some of them are going to be cap casualties

JeffFromSchool t1_jao9ctx wrote

Good thing Bergeron has set the Bruins culture of taking a pay cut for the team

Neilpuck t1_jaoeb5y wrote

Do you think if they win it all he signs to hang on or will he call it Hall of Fame career right there?

JeffFromSchool t1_jaoq6gl wrote

No clue. I could see him hanging the hat.

InuitOverIt t1_jaq42cd wrote

He's still too good. Can't see him calling it quits until he's a liability to the team

imgrandojjo t1_jao6u89 wrote

If they win in the next couple years they'll deal with the cap hell that follows. It's only a disaster if they can't get over the top. The B's have been oh-so-close too many times in the last decade.

nevertrustamod t1_japv6yp wrote

There are only 8 players under 30 who average a career PPG, and 2 of them turn 30 during the offseason. If you don’t give the money to someone that good that young, who do you give it to?

The cap is going up, they’ll be fine.

abailey2112 t1_jan536n wrote

Why am I having an aneurysm thinking he was at the end of his career not the beginning?

TheSaltyBarista t1_janvwc3 wrote

Getting older never really bothered me until I started checking what year athletes were drafted/born

Carpetron t1_janzdme wrote

When you feel like it was just yesterday a guy was drafted, and next thing you know he's HoF eligible, it really sets in.

MonsterRider80 t1_japg9ig wrote

You mean like me remembering the Sedins and Luongo last year? Fml.

Stahner t1_jan6xxv wrote

Lmao same, I was thinking “why would they do this?”

abailey2112 t1_jan75dw wrote

Are we both thinking Bergeron?

MrNewMoney t1_japryp4 wrote

Probably thinking of another Czech, David Krejci

TheBigBangClock t1_jap2tzo wrote

To be fair, some of these hockey players can have really long careers. Jaromir Jagr is still playing professional hockey in the Czech Republic and he was a rookie with the Penguins in 1990.

Pastrnak has been playing with the Bruins since 2014 and he's only 26!

abailey2112 t1_jap34i6 wrote

I know dude and I guess in hindsight 2014 feels like 3 lifetimes, 2 world altering events ago

mikesquared_ t1_jandrh3 wrote

Wait so most star players dont leave right when the team ks trying to win to play for an awful team in a boring city??? As a flames fan i thought that was normal

Tacos_truck t1_janzmne wrote

You say that like Calgary is the hub of anything entertaining

BMonad t1_jaoso2d wrote

What, there’s so much to do, like go to Calgary Flames games.

mikesquared_ t1_jap9h4c wrote

Its like moving from regina to saskatoon but atleast we where a playoff team

jratreddit t1_jan9g84 wrote

Probably a good move, but at that price they better hope the cap grows in the next few years or that's gonna get really fiscally tight in 2030

potentpotables t1_jank1lg wrote

Hockey's tough with the hard cap, but it's either sign elite guys to deals like this or trade them before their contract is up and hope for a good return. It's just too bad the Bruins have been drafting really poorly and won't have much young, cheap talent coming up around Pastrnak. Right now they're lucky to have Bergeron and Krej on hugely discounted deals.

WhoShotMrBoddy t1_jaombgi wrote

Hockey’s money and cap is all sorts of weird if 11 million a year for 8 years is a blockbuster deal

MonsterRider80 t1_japgh6q wrote

Well there just isn’t as much money in hockey as there is in baseball, football and basketball. By the current standards, this one is definitely a blockbuster deal.

tgr31 t1_jaq8hl9 wrote

thats like 25% of a curry!!!!

Tommiebaseball09 t1_japddo4 wrote

Oh for sure it will. Exactly what the wild did with parise and sute… oh wait

−1

[deleted] t1_jan7ehm wrote

(cries in Maple Leaf)

BadLuck-BlueEyes t1_jaqh7ye wrote

Don't even want to think what our current $11M players are going to ask for...

Neely67 t1_jannevp wrote

Wonderful news thank you Hockey gods 🏒 🥅

TheMadWoodcutter t1_jaoepa1 wrote

I remember hearing a rumour that the bruins offered to trade him for Horvat 1 for 1 earlier in their careers.

Manablitzer t1_jaoimaw wrote

To be fair, pasta might not have developed into the winger he is now on the Canucks. Not a purposeful shot at them, but players develop differently in different situations.

Imagine what horvat could learn training, practicing, playing with bergeron day in and day out.

iDOUGIE863 t1_janm8kq wrote

Huge price! They better hope that cap increases over the next 5 years

imgrandojjo t1_jao6mj6 wrote

I mean hat else could they do? The man is a titan.

OkBottle2000 t1_jat22w1 wrote

Pastrami been having a great season

BDoooon t1_janez51 wrote

I hope they win this year. Looking down the barrel of eight years of first round knock outs, dude is a fucking ghost in the playoffs.

−25

professornapoleon t1_janly9t wrote

How do you figure that? He’s over a ppg in playoffs…has 74 points in 70 playoff games

BDoooon t1_jao1l3e wrote

Yes he gets a lot of points but when you put him on one of the best lines in hockey of course he's going to to. Since 2019 he's scored 13 goals in 28 games. In his playoff career he is only a +4, Marchand in the same amount of time is a +14. He's a great regular season player but when it comes to post season he's not even close to the same guy.

−14

professornapoleon t1_jao6y8g wrote

Okay? He also had 18 assists since 2019 so what’s your point? You’re still using +/- to evaluate a players worth in 2023? Lmaoooo

BDoooon t1_jap2bb8 wrote

The assists and goals are heavily weighted by the line he is on is my point. +/- is a great indicator of him as a player. It proves this because despite the goals and assists he earns the amount of opposing goals he is on the ice for almost completely undo all the goals he has a hand in. This is why +/- is still a valuable stat and proves that in the post season he is not the game changing player he is all season.

−4

professornapoleon t1_jar3i4w wrote

+/- does not and has not, ever been able to tell the full story of a player bc so many factors are out of their control. It is an antiquated way to evaluate a player. Look at his advanced stats and you’ll see he’s more than capable in playoffs

Neely67 t1_jannpqj wrote

Should do your research before making silly comments.