Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

44MHz t1_ixj26ws wrote

Civil unions are not as much as an alternative to marriage as a wife is and alternative to a gay man’s marriage. These two cannot be equated.

tatxc t1_ixj476h wrote

This is nonsense, a legally binding, state recognised agreement between two people, while not perfect, is clearly better than being imprisoned for committing the acts required to develop a connection needed to enter said contact. This is a fact and its why the safety index is so heavily different. I'll only be accepting sourced arguments from reasonably objective sources from you now I'm afraid.

44MHz t1_ixjc4t7 wrote

Same for you.

Please give the source stating gays in Italy are not fighting for gay marriage to be recognized and they are happy with civil partnership as being equal to straight marriage.

tatxc t1_ixjdd4x wrote

Nobody argued that, it's the definition of a straw man. Nobody argued that European countries were perfect. And the fact you're trying to argue that is because you know the actual point of contention is irrefutable. You're just JAQing off.

The simple and irrefutable fact is that all Western European countries are significantly better places for homosexuals to live, work and visit than Qatar. The [LGBTQ+ safety index] and (https://www.asherfergusson.com/lgbtq-travel-safety/) equalidex both clearly illustrate this.

44MHz t1_ixje4n6 wrote

And European countries are significantly worse than Qatar for Muslims.

What’s your point?

tatxc t1_ixjgc07 wrote

> And European countries are significantly worse than Qatar for Muslims.

I'm afraid you're going to need a citation for the fact that Muslims' human rights are better catered for in Qatar than in the UK. Because for gay Muslims, women, foreign working Muslims or even Shia Muslims