Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Scazzz t1_j356jzs wrote

Got freaking hairy there for a second. Czechia played incredibly solid the entire game and outplayed in the third at times. Was some great hockey and maybe one of my fav finals in years. Go Canada! GG Czechia!

jbs43 t1_j35bvul wrote

Great post game attitude shown by both teams. Seeing Canadian players stick around to sign memorabilia passed over the glass really shows their appreciation towards the zealous atmosphere the New Brunswick crowd provided throughout the tournament.

GoTouchGrassPlease t1_j35g6qm wrote

>the New Brunswick crowd

Cries in Nova Scotian... ;)

Seriously though, the tournament was actually split between Moncton, NB and Halifax, NS, with the bigger games (including the final) being played in Halifax.

jbs43 t1_j35gppv wrote

Awww crap…My apologies for being an idiot. Thanks for the correction.

GoTouchGrassPlease t1_j35jv7v wrote

No worries! The Maritime provinces are very small and cozy, so we don't mind getting mixed up.

Just don't call us Newfs! LOL

jbs43 t1_j35m3v1 wrote

The placemat I stared at everyday as a child while eating my cereal was a laminated map of Canada with Provinces, Territories and major cities highlighted. I have failed with older age while earning the resented status of Onterrible.

blunsr t1_j384vak wrote

Halifax & Moncton did a great job. Those communities should be damn proud of the tournament.

hmmm.. permanent home(s) of the tourney????

rpgguy_1o1 t1_j3bbz6e wrote

I don't think it should be held in NHL cities in NA anymore

madladolle t1_j36c4kp wrote

Still upset over our semi-final loss, not fair that Czechia won

−26

JGoonSquad t1_j378wa6 wrote

This is huge! Oh wait, no it isn't! Who cares!!

−28

geralt_snow t1_j357t0m wrote

Whoever thought, that deciding a world championship with a 3v3 OT is a great idea should stop making such decisions... Felt so anticlimactic to see it end like this. With a boring 2v1

−36

Thneed1 t1_j361gth wrote

I remember watching toews score 3(?) times in the SAME shootout.

That’s worse.

Snufflepuffster t1_j364hvu wrote

caused by a turn over..

geralt_snow t1_j36c4c6 wrote

Wouldn't happen that easily in a 5v5... I fell like the 3v3 is designed to end games and not championships. There was a situation before with a weird bounce of the glass, that could have been a goal for chzech republic, if the puck bounced a little different. Randomness is a much smaller factor in 5v5 then in a 3v3, and that's why I feel it's the better option for s final...

−1