Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

djfl t1_j5fewxf wrote

They do understand. WNBA employees getting pregnant is bad for the WNBA, just like it is for every other business. The fact that it's a women's league doesn't change that. They're already struggling financially. Personally I love the irony here. Maybe men and patriarchy aren't the problem. Maybe reality is, and we all need to figure out how to navigate it together...or maybe it's just me.

−9

throw_every_away t1_j5fv47f wrote

Yes, this one instance here is good proof that there is no problem with “men or patriarchy.” That’s exactly the sort of astute observation I expect when I stumble upon r/sports. Very insightful.

*edited to add quotation marks for those who may have difficulty with reading comprehension

djfl t1_j5g72xj wrote

> that there is no problem with men

Yes. And this is the kind of binary, this or that, on or off response that I expect from simple people in 2023. No nuance whatsoever. Just this or that. Carry on.

−12

throw_every_away t1_j5g80s5 wrote

I was quoting your comment, you absolute cabbage. Just for clarity, since reading obviously isn’t your strong suit, let me quote you directly:

> Maybe men and patriarchy aren’t the problem.

I’ve also added quotes to my original comment to further clarify what is going on here for you.

This is just the sort of hare-brained crap that I expect from simple people in 2023. No reading comprehension or self-awareness whatsoever. Just react without thinking. Carry on.

PS that last bit was also me quoting you, in case you missed that as well.

djfl t1_j5gb5p2 wrote

"Yes, this one instance here is good proof that there is no problem with “men or patriarchy.”"

You said that, dripping with sarcasm. Perhaps if I'm speaking about "this one instance", that doesn't mean I'm speaking about everything in totality ie "there is no problem with".

There are problems with everything. Painting pregnancy and how we deal with it as a men/patriarchy problem (certainly as only one, like so many do on so many topics) is ridiculous thinking. And this example does highlight that. And other examples may highlight it more.

I did not say there are no problems with men or patriarchy ever anywhere...which is what you seem to be representing my position as. Do you agree with this or not?

−4

throw_every_away t1_j5h4edc wrote

You ever killed an animal before? Like say, squashed a cockroach, swatted a fly, hunted a deer? Maybe slaughtered a pig or a chicken? Shot a varmint?

Did you explain yourself to the animal?