Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

banjomin t1_j7mw1px wrote

“417’s most tired and boring menus of ‘23”

Wait wait,

“417’s most safe-feeling restaurants for non-springfield residents venturing into the big scary city”

Last one,

“417’s restaurants that paid to be on this list, ranked by their donation amount”

ThumYorky t1_j7njat3 wrote

The fact that Classic Rock coffee is 2nd place on a list that doesn’t even have Coffee Ethic shows you the exact demographic of people who vote in this.

mb10240 t1_j7pt9qf wrote

Might be downvoted into hell, but Coffee Ethic is overpriced and isn’t as good as Mudhouse.

ThumYorky t1_j7pwufm wrote

CE is expensive but the quality of their roasts is very high. I’ve always felt like I’m getting my money’s worth.

If you’re looking flavored or latte drinks Mudhouse is fantastic. But if you’re like me and a huge nerd/fan of single origin light roast, CE is by far the best options. And tbh, they’re not as expensive as other third-wave shops in other cities.

cusini t1_j7q1atl wrote

I’m with you. I don’t think it’s overly expensive either.

Cthepo t1_j7pvv0e wrote

I'd conceed overpriced. I think their black coffee is better, but Mudhouse does things like lattes better. IMO it's hard to qualify coffee shops because you can have so many different things on the menu.

Redditor_PC t1_j7sxwoq wrote

I agree that Coffee Ethic definitely deserves a spot on the list, but I adore Classic Rock too. Two of my fave shops in town.

Trixxxxxi t1_j7n7q6x wrote

Pretty much. Most of the places listed are fine and good, but nothing special about most of them.