Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

OTwhattheF t1_jdquqlv wrote

There’s a lot of horseshit going on in the world, but there’s also so much good stuff that just doesn’t get the same attention. Love to see it, good on those kids for embracing him.

bobone77 t1_jdrnk3e wrote

Every fucking boomer that shits on “the kids of this generation” needs to see this stuff. I work with kids this age, and they’re some of the most empathetic humans I’ve ever met. They, as a group, are so inclusive and seem to truly care about their fellow humans. They really will be the generation that saves us, if we can get out of their way.

Hetepiir t1_jds29rn wrote

I have to say I'm proud to see Gen Z and Gen Alpha will be a force to be reckoned with. I think Gen Z will be the first ones to be able to burn down the bullshit we have dealt with as miliennials and Gen X then Gen Alpha will be the ones to rebuild it better. I think it's on us to pave the way for them at this point. I hope I'm around long enough to see us progress as a society and be better than we were.

Wolverkeen t1_jdsiffq wrote

Agreed! I work with kids of this generation too- another quality they seem to have is a highly-tuned bullshit detector and aren't afraid to speak up when someone is trying to manipulate them. That gives me hope that they'll be able to break free from the attitudes that keep humanity from working together.

alg45160 t1_jdrjpbm wrote

This is lovely. One of the many reasons art should be supported as much as athletics. Although, Nixa does have a fabulous new arts center and their band sure seems to have $.

BiggestBaddestWolve t1_jdr1z7b wrote

Good for this kid!!! I’m jealous. SpongeBob is a hero in this house too.

dentalmomma t1_jdrxm0w wrote

I didn't plan on crying today buy okay 😭

Born2fayl t1_jdub9al wrote

When I was in high school autistic kids just got relentlessly bullied (freshman and sophomore year especially). We really have come a long way. I’m sure there’s still bullying, but this kind of love and support becomes even more important in that case.

benutne t1_jdrvnag wrote

What a delightful little bit of wholesomeness.

ittybittynuts t1_jdv8qia wrote

Very wholesome. But I can’t help but laugh a little that Patrick is just casually throwing a 5 point star 😂