Submitted by UhtredaerweII t3_11yv33z in springfieldMO

I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for getting some prescription glasses in SGF. Anyone know of the best place for good options, reasonable prices, frame selection, and service?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

AndyWarholsbigcan t1_jd9olr4 wrote

I’ve had good luck with Pierce Vision. It’s not hard to get an appointment and their staff was friendly. I can’t speak to the prices though because I have vision insurance which covered quite a bit. I will say that my family and I were treated pretty poorly at Vision Clinic and therefor cannot recommend them.

DeathCait t1_jda2mqj wrote

I second Pierce Vision. They were quick to get me in and helped me with my budget.

420420840 t1_jd9sq7v wrote

I like to go to Walmart, the Dr just rents the spot, doesn't care if you get glasses from them or not. You can then get your glasses at Walmart, easiest, or order through an online place like Zenni, cheapest but takes about 3 weeks.

antiquated_human t1_jda2gxf wrote

I was going to say get an exam at Walmart and glasses from Zenni. I have had several pair from them and I’ve had no complaints.

Ballyhoo-45 t1_jd9l19m wrote

Run from Stanton Optical. The sketchiest doctor. Plus they don’t answer phone EVER. As a policy it goes to corporate. Terrible service just a get ‘em in and take their money and disappear kinda place.

sourdoughbreadlover t1_jda5s51 wrote

I got my eye exam there and looked at the frames. All plastic frames, not what I was looking for. Took my Rx to Sam's club and Stanton wrote part of the script in a way that made no sense.

Spiteful assholes.

aux_arcs-en-ciel t1_jdah9pg wrote

I was really happy with Stanton

The doc was outsourced to, like the Philippines, which made me nervous, but the script was just right. I'd go back.

teamhj t1_jd9y71k wrote

Springfield Family Vision

jackie_wiggiwoo t1_jdary7p wrote

I go to the Vision Clinic and took the prescription to LensCrafters.

FedexJames t1_jd9oghe wrote

Heffingtons at Optiland. Grant and Chestnut

Low_Tourist t1_jd9y6ei wrote

Heffington's is the biggest scam in town. They charged my insurance for a contact lens exam they didn't do, because I don't need glasses. They then also tried to give me a script for low powered readers. And then, because I wasn't going to buy anything from them, they refused to give me the scripts.

The doctor was okay. The wife was a real piece of work. Plus they have a weird vibe in there.

Mule_Skinner_43 t1_jd9tuyp wrote

I've had good experiences with both Heffington locations.

I went to south last time, and the doctor spent a long time checking out my astigmatism to make sure my prescription would work.