Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

PassingWithJennifer t1_jdbhn3h wrote

I like the way you think :)

But didn't most places of worship become replaced with cults like children of atom that cling to abstractions of old religions?

apissyangel t1_jdbhtjy wrote

Haha, not sure. I'm not very deep into Fallout lore but that sounds interesting af and now I'm thinking about playing some Fallout lol

PassingWithJennifer t1_jdbj7br wrote

I spent a significant amount of my time after work today trying to find a good fps rpg. I'd play RAGE but don't want to download like 70 gb over my Hotspot

I did find another called elex I intend to try when I finish up my current games. You might check it out. Elex 2 has a good following

Fallout, bioschock, and borderlands, to me, seem like the best fps rpgs with a lot of polish but thats not a very important because I discovered today the genre is really, truly untapped in the way fallout presents it. Most shooter rpgs are 3rd person or isometric when paired with open world elements especially. This seems really weird to me because fps rpgs are not a new thing. System shock 2 comes to mind as a classic and one that inspired literally several genres or themes of games.

apissyangel t1_jdblna3 wrote

System Shock 2 is so immersive. Just the sheer quality and depth of gameplay locks you in, genuinely creepy storyline. And somehow to me the idea of being isolated with this insane AI on a spaceship is more terrifying than Atlas, though Bioshock 1 is ofc a masterpiece in its own right.

Yeah idk I have a lot of problems with the current state of gaming. Seems like it's stalled out in some ways and same, I am missing the continued progress of certain genres, open world action RPG definitely up there. I think it's just that part of the cycle of creativity/industry, kind of a down moment. Eventually something will come along to shake things up, revitalize the industry and we'll see some good new stuff. Meanwhile System Shock 2 still holds up lol