Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Charlotte_the_cat t1_jdd33dm wrote

You might try Jones's sodas. You can usually find them at Price Cutter. They have flavors like cotton candy, and green apple.

Willing-Sprinkles-17 t1_jdd3awf wrote

HyVee carries some random things. You might try some boutique style local shops. They carry random brands as well.

itsjustajoe t1_jdd3wbi wrote

Cracker Barrel has some harder to find ones in their store area, along the back wall close by the host stand.

Cloud_Disconnected t1_jdd43hw wrote

Not in Springfield, but Dick's 5 & 10 in Branson has a bunch of sodas I've never seen anywhere else. At least they did last time I was there, which was pre-pandemic.

sprocter77 t1_jdd449b wrote

Theres a candy shop just off the square that has a ton of really weird sodas.

SansSheriff_MO t1_jdd4xx6 wrote

Boylan Root Beer is the absolute shit, and I remember seeing it a Cracker Barrell once.

fiddytittykitty t1_jdd5smk wrote

Maybe 5 Below? I’ve seen some weird sodas there at the front by the registers.

LeaveReligion t1_jdd7cso wrote

There’s a place called American Made General Store off Hwy 60 in Rogersville. They’ve got a pretty good random soda selection.

Guilty_Soup5377 t1_jdd7i9k wrote

Food 4 Less carries some that I can't find anywhere else, they have Faygo

Cursehooley t1_jdd8ml5 wrote

Menards has a bunch of sprecher you don't see many other places, and redmons candy shop is just a half hour or so away and their soda offerings are legendary

snorlaxatives_69 t1_jdd8o1h wrote

Lolli and Pops in the mall has some different sodas from all over!

SansSheriff_MO t1_jddaof6 wrote

Boylan's* technically, I think. But yeah, I first had it when I lived in Lawrence. Couldn't find it for the longest time and just happened across it there about a year ago. Literally the best root beer I've ever had, just make sure it's cold.

mikefrizz t1_jddd18p wrote

Have you been to Pops in Oklahoma? Not exactly local but if you’re ever in Joplin it’s not too far away.

jeebus0027 t1_jddgi0j wrote

There is a mobile soda place usually parked at ace hardware on Campbell. I thinks it’s called Fizz n sips. They have all kinds of off the wall stuff.

MassStreetSoda t1_jddnq3f wrote

If you’re ever in KC, come see us at KC Soda in the city market. I was looking to open a place in Springfield pre pandemic but Covid kind of messed up our plans.

Bright-Lion t1_jddov3q wrote

Hyvee and Price Cutter usually seem to have sodas I have never seen before, but I don’t have much knowledge in this area. Their selection may be fairly pedestrian for all I know. I’ll second the Jones recommendation. Their green apple is my favorite soda I’ve ever had.

HatNarrow5402 t1_jddqb36 wrote

Family farm and home in Ozark has all kinds from bacon to pickle

TheRealAthlete t1_jde069b wrote

Queen City Sweets was such a perfect spot for this but the pandemic killed it ._.

indiefab t1_jde8buw wrote

Yeah you just missed that one. They were open for a couple years. Not to rub it in, but they had an amazing assortment of soda and candy. I would have single-handedly kept that place open when I was a kid.

srj508 t1_jdea1c5 wrote

If you like weird stuff, then try Tarkhun (tar-HOON) and Kvass from Nadia’s European Market on E Sunshine. They are tarragon soda and a commercialized version of a classic E European malted carbonated drink, respectively.

Proud-Event-4910 t1_jdeffxs wrote

Farm store in ozark is your best bet. They have all kinds of interesting sodas from pickle to things I’ve never seen before. I pick some up every time I’m there. They also have a nice selection of old school candies

ThunderFvcker t1_jdegn0o wrote

The Magic Bean has some! Not a ton but some individual bottles!

There used to be a candy shop downtown that was basically JUST a unique soda shop but they closed recently :(

BT_01792 t1_jdf4ez5 wrote

Grand Country Candy Shop on 76 HWY in Branson has the most soda flavors I’ve seen! And great fudge too.

brbeckett t1_jdf5yn6 wrote

Candy store across from Buckle in the Mall carries weird sodas.

seaking_katts t1_jdfd70s wrote

I don't know if they're still there, but Springfield has (had) a few Mom and pop candy stores that carried weird sodas. They were located downtown

sourpatchkid311921 t1_jdfd83r wrote

I moved away a couple years ago, but used to frequent the Asian markets, and they all had interesting soda options. I think I had a Chrysanthemum soda from the one next to Popeyes on Campbell

Rough-Dust-3926 t1_jdfi30f wrote

The piece cutter on Nation and republic has a display of different niche sodas. Probably 15+ unique flavors. Definitely check them out! I always make sure to grab a honey cream soda while I'm there

seoul_train86 t1_jdfqjgx wrote

The ONLY reason i go to cracker barrel is for that sweet, sweet cheerwine

chicadehoma t1_jdfu4nk wrote

Little Bluebird Boutique in Ozark has a booth with lots of diverse bottles of soda and types of candy.

Glittering-Bake-2589 t1_jdg029i wrote

There is the candy store as you are driving to St. Louis that has the pedophile dude as their logo.

They have a ton of wacky sodas like Bacon flavor and stuff. Also their bathrooms are absurdly clean and have floor to ceiling dividers

Hellyeahdud3 t1_jdg08tw wrote

Nobody said it. Boskys has stubborn soda. So good. There’s still a few soda hops around the area also. Like the fizz truck on Campbell outside ace hardware.

powerfulspacewizard t1_jdgshim wrote

There used to be a place to get all the sodas on the square but it closed. Now if I want Moxie I gotta go to crackle barrel

Sometimes price cutter has it in their seasonal section

Flat-Bandicoot-8819 t1_jdgywb6 wrote

Have you tried Sugarfire in town? I don't remember exactly what they carry but I always found it cool that they carried nontraditional sodas and you can buy by the bottle or get it in a fountain.