Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

tc65681 t1_ir8bnsr wrote

here is your $5 coupon good for your next visit to Bass Pro when you spent $250 or more. Expires October 8, 2022.

CelesteRyan t1_ir89ty0 wrote

After they blamed it on the company they hired to work the show. That company had nothing to do with the poorly designed parking lots and lack of ADA accommodations.

ArtemisGrey t1_ir8hdae wrote

And blamed the lack of shuttles on.. Hurricane Ian.

Not that we have a lack of shuttle bus companies in the area or lack of people jumping to drive for that wage perhaps. Finding bus and limo drivers has always been difficult. Easy answer.

Bass pro "20+ year employee" being interviewed: What would you say to those who had a bad experience?

"We are truly sorry.... A few moments later "Look at the aerial view though! Lots of people, most were smiling and having fun."

Bonus: check out the Google reviews. There was a truly stellar one that has since been deleted (reviews continue to be deleted) that went something like:

"(rant about experience)... I don't care if Jesus is on the schedule and the parking is free, I will never go back"

Someone please find it on the way back machine and get a screenshot 🙏

ArtemisGrey t1_ir8hrsv wrote

The real quote is maybe worse than my short version:

>Reynolds said during the interview, “There are thousands of families who spent a lot of money that night to never even get in the venue. What do you want to say to them?” she asked.

>“I want to apologize. We are extremely sorry that they didn’t. For the vast majority, lots of people had an incredible time. You can tell by that aerial picture there were 20,000 people that had an incredible time. But for those folks that were not able to make it in, especially on Friday night when we had challenges, we are definitely sorry about that,” he said.

[deleted] t1_ird8ou7 wrote

[deleted]

ArtemisGrey t1_irdb7z1 wrote

According to the website the capacity is 20k but they sold 25k each night.

[deleted] t1_irdbpjb wrote

[deleted]

BlueCoatYellowBoots t1_irf8r4b wrote

> Sounds like Johnny has been hiring some incompetents to run the show.

Johnny runs the show, everything has to run up to him for final approval. He's the worst kind of micromanager who demands final approval then drags his feet until the last possible moment before making a decision. This leaves his employees scrambling to try to execute his "vision" on extremely short deadlines. While there are surely incompetent folks at base camp, even the smartest most hard-working individuals would have a hard time succeeding in that kind of environment.

ArtemisGrey t1_irdc8s4 wrote

Hmm, they did reduce the capacity:

>The expansion of Thunder Ridge, increasing capacity from 10,000 to approximately 50,000, is the latest in Big Cedar Lodge’s proud tradition of hosting world-class hospitality and entertainment experiences that span a variety of recreational markets. These enhancements – which have been done without any tax dollars – will more than double the previous seating capacity, without sacrificing the venue’s stunning nature-based charm. It provides another grandiose outdoor venue for a resort that hosts 7 million guests per year, and a Branson community that attracts 10 million visitors every year. July 2022

MotherofaPickle t1_irallx9 wrote

Multiple companies. We have one right next to my workplace, so the hired help swarmed us before their bus left. Like, 15 people from that company.

[deleted] t1_ir8h2ep wrote

I heard some people still haven't made it back to their cars yet.

akaBeatrixKiddo t1_ir8awhv wrote

“We want to make it right.” + “Contact Ticketmaster.”

2 + 2 = when hell freezes over

cbduck t1_ir8wnk7 wrote

PR guy sure as hell wanted to divert any negative attention and just robotically talk enthusiastically about how great the concert was. What a load

MyAnusGriefAgain2020 t1_ir8cy21 wrote

This was bound to happen. Johny Morris n Co. undoubtedly knew this. SWMO King of the Ozarks doesn't give a shit about the chaos.

MartonianJ t1_ir8gb7i wrote

I wonder what the true story is on the buses. Were buses actually diverted to Florida?

Regular_Sample_5197 t1_ira42yi wrote

I don’t know, but growing up down there and knowing some of the players involved…something tells me no. More than likely they were just severely under prepared and then used that as a convenient excuse that they hoped no one would question.

Restricted_Access_06 t1_ir8tkjl wrote

I think anything less than full refund of anyone making a claim and taking the risk of paying out fraudulent claims will be less than satisfactory.

MacAttack2015 t1_irbd41k wrote

Is anybody actually surprised by how this was handled after the big fishing festival Johnny threw together in a matter of weeks earlier this year? The lack of coordination, communication, and execution is likely very telling of a chaotic work environment or poor leadership.

lemler3 t1_ir9mn6z wrote

What happened about the socks though