Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Pyxeeluv t1_ir8yehw wrote

A few years ago I had to send my son to live with a relative for year. All we had to do was send his birth certificate, social security card,and a notarized letter giving consent for the relative to care for my son. It wasn't anything formal, just simple letter giving permission to make life choices for him.

If you could talk them into doing that, you could enroll her in school, and the 'parents' cabn go back to being us eless.

DebbieDunnbbar OP t1_ir8z4j9 wrote

If they’ve got to be present with the notary, I don’t have much hope on that. This piece of shit wouldn’t even let us drive him to a five minute interview so his daughter could go to the first and only dance she’s ever been to. These people are scum.

Pyxeeluv t1_ir8zije wrote

You could try if they just write the letter....of course that assumes they eleven have her other documents. O.n another note I saw someone suggest she apply as a homeless teen. That would probably work, and I think Springfield offers online courses l. It might be worth looking into that.

DebbieDunnbbar OP t1_ir914bv wrote

It’s worth a shot anyway. She does have her birth certificate and social security card (we helped her get copies of them a while back, can’t remember why, her parents couldn’t be bothered with that either).

On that homeless thing, I didn’t even think about a different school. We may be fucked on that one school we were talking to, but if she’s “homeless” we could enroll her in one of the Springfield ones as long as she can do it online. That could work!

malevolentk t1_irb4tn2 wrote

There are several local notaries that are mobile - I wonder if they would sign if you brought one to them?

DebbieDunnbbar OP t1_irci6lz wrote

Didn’t know that was a thing but makes sense. That might work.

22TopShelf22 t1_ircwctm wrote

They have mobile notaries. Hopefully one has a kind soul and if you share this thread, they might provide services for free or at a discount. If I was one, I could not charge someone in this situation. Be aware, they must have valid id to notarize something.