Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

A_Ron_Sacks t1_ire9z7g wrote

I saw one yesterday that expired exactly one year ago.

T8RTheSalad t1_ireqo8j wrote

I saw one this week that expired 6/21/21. Guess a $10 ticket is cheaper than getting the tags. gif

BlueCoatYellowBoots t1_irf87e7 wrote

SPD, what a bunch of clowns. I see expired temp tags multiple times per week and I'm not even looking hard and only drive 15min to and from work.

Kilo417 t1_irgxzsv wrote

I am very confused here. Drivers get cited and keep expired temp tag on car until they are stopped again and ticketed until the court date.

Because even with an expired temp tag, cars can still be [more] identifiable [then without].

Would you prefer the SPD to tow those cars for each expired temp tags each time? Then everyone would be screaming abuse of power…

Genuinely curious of your solution. TIA.

blurubi04 t1_irizkmz wrote

Here’s your solution; you have to pay the taxes at the dealership. The reason most don’t get plates is they don’t have the tax money. Dealerships don’t want to collect is because they would sell fewer/cheaper cars.

Kilo417 t1_irj31wt wrote

Agreed.

Last I recalled too was Missouri was moving towards that plan. However the government/state has a terrible implementation track record.

_AbsenteeGiraffe OP t1_irh7i75 wrote

Tickets like this should carry a monetary fine (like it already does) and it should be reflected in points against your license. If you can't be personally responsible enough to follow the laws associated with driving, you shouldn't have the privilege. If someone is bold enough to blatantly ignore licensing laws, what other road laws are they breaking that aren't as obvious.

Plus, handling it this way still gives the offending party several opportunities to correct the deficiency before facing long term consequences.

tomassean t1_ire0o2a wrote

About time! Those tags were like a fuck you to the honest people that actually paid taxes and the fees to keep our vehicles properly tagged.

I hope they keep it up.

_AbsenteeGiraffe OP t1_ire50xt wrote

If you read the article, it straight up says they thought it was so effective that they're no longer making it a priority.

pssssn t1_irg33et wrote

My 15 minute commute down Glenstone yesterday does not reflect this optimism.

[deleted] t1_irgz0qi wrote

[deleted]

mrsdex1 t1_iridqaw wrote

Something about heavy enforcement of nuisance crimes gets people excited.

I can't understand the logic.

[deleted] t1_irimsp8 wrote

[deleted]

mrsdex1 t1_irkdvcw wrote

Greene county cops doubling down on assest forfeiture, home wise.

Sounds like a great plan (sarcasm)

Aimless78 t1_irgowga wrote

Anyone else feel like it is time for the cheif to retire and get someone new in there?