Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Kilo417 t1_irgxzsv wrote

I am very confused here. Drivers get cited and keep expired temp tag on car until they are stopped again and ticketed until the court date.

Because even with an expired temp tag, cars can still be [more] identifiable [then without].

Would you prefer the SPD to tow those cars for each expired temp tags each time? Then everyone would be screaming abuse of power…

Genuinely curious of your solution. TIA.

blurubi04 t1_irizkmz wrote

Here’s your solution; you have to pay the taxes at the dealership. The reason most don’t get plates is they don’t have the tax money. Dealerships don’t want to collect is because they would sell fewer/cheaper cars.

Kilo417 t1_irj31wt wrote

Agreed.

Last I recalled too was Missouri was moving towards that plan. However the government/state has a terrible implementation track record.

_AbsenteeGiraffe OP t1_irh7i75 wrote

Tickets like this should carry a monetary fine (like it already does) and it should be reflected in points against your license. If you can't be personally responsible enough to follow the laws associated with driving, you shouldn't have the privilege. If someone is bold enough to blatantly ignore licensing laws, what other road laws are they breaking that aren't as obvious.

Plus, handling it this way still gives the offending party several opportunities to correct the deficiency before facing long term consequences.