Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Emergency_Beat_600 OP t1_irh72gg wrote

I wonder why that is

ICareAboutNihilism t1_iri7ojn wrote

They all know each other from their Patriot Front meetings.

ProgressMom68 t1_irhel3a wrote

They claim that chasing them down in town would be dangerous.

ehoneygut t1_iribube wrote

I'm pretty sure I've seen people on this sub lambast the police for pursuing people in high-speed chases.

robzilla71173 t1_irim2m9 wrote

That was exactly my thought. I remember a post this year where people here were angry at the police in Ozark over an accident during a chase.

A few years ago they did try to catch a motorcyclist who took off here in town. Took 3 departments, a helicopter, and about 6 hours and it finally ended when he went to his mom's house where they were waiting for him. Kept having to back off and just track him so he wouldn't crash. Can't imagine how expensive it would get to do that weekly at the eagle stop. Fwiw, that group were the only people who got tickets for being out during the covid shutdown.

Setter_sws t1_irj0u9g wrote

Well people were upset because a 10 year old boy died.

robzilla71173 t1_irjiku6 wrote

Yes, I know. And that sort of consequence is why they don't just have police chases without a serious need. I don't think the person we were responding to was considering that, nor was the op if they felt a risk of accident was a weak excuse. There have been several fatalities during car chases in my time here.

dhrisc t1_irievp0 wrote

Most spd I see are in suvs, there is literally no way they could catch most of those motorcyclists if the bikers really wanted to get away.

Emergency_Beat_600 OP t1_irhh46i wrote

That's a weak ass excuse 😬 but I can see spd using that one

Salt-Description-387 t1_irsbs6q wrote

You don’t think chasing a motorcycle through town at 100+ is dangerous to the public? For a traffic violation? You work for Greene County, don’t you?