Submitted by ExpertAd7310 t3_y2vnjj in springfieldMO

PLEASE READ:

My insurance doesn’t cover flu vaccines through pharmacies, only through doctor office visits - here’s the problem. I have already had my one free wellness exam this year so if I go to the doctor for a free vaccine I will have to copay for the visit to get my “free” flu shot. Anyone know of a place I could get a free flu shot without insurance since it doesn’t seem I can get around paying?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Magnolia_Me t1_is53k2d wrote

Ask the nurses in the office if you can schedule the flu vaccine without seeing the doctor (similar to a lab appt). They are certified to administer it. Maybe they can get creative if you explain the situation. Good luck!

mattmaddux t1_is5eyz3 wrote

Seconding this. Just call them up and tell them you need a flu shot. They won’t bother scheduling time with the Dr and won’t code it as a check-up. Ask them specifically how they’ll file with insurance if you’re worried.

Magnolia_Me t1_is59f41 wrote

Source: Am driving to St Louis for blood draws/IVF monitoring. I dont see the doctor each time but she still manages my care. They should be able to help you, fr.

pizza1sgr8 t1_is57ub5 wrote

The health dept. is doing them for free, I think. Any chance your employee is doing a free flu shot clinic? Mine does this yearly, but I work adjacent to healthcare…. Honestly more employers SHOULD do this- will save a lot of headache & money on inevitable call outs if ppl get the flu!

DeathCait t1_is55krz wrote

Walgreens has a sign up saying free flu shots for anyone over 3 years old. Might be worth a call to see what the details are? Another option is to call your doctor’s office and ask. I can just walk in for vaccines, no visit fee (cox).

ExpertAd7310 OP t1_is55oac wrote

I’ll try my doctors office again. Walgreens is “free with most insurance” and unfortunately my insurance falls outside of that

DeathCait t1_is55rnb wrote

Ah bummer, I wondered if that was the case. Hopefully your doctor’s office can get you set up!

RunWild3840 t1_is86n0e wrote

If you schedule an appointment for a flu vaccine only, they should bill it as an encounter for immunization and not a wellness visit and it should be covered. Typically, they just bill the shot to insurance.

EcoAffinity t1_is7oydh wrote

I've called my doctor's office and they said they do walk-ins but scheduled me for a 15 minute slot 20 minutes after I called. Mercy pcp

ExpertAd7310 OP t1_isabtp1 wrote

I got it scheduled! Thanks everyone for the recommendations.

helloporator t1_is5jn0b wrote

My sister is a pharmacist at Walmart and she told me they’re doing free ones. Idk if it’s with insurance or not but she told me knowing I don’t have any.

ExpertAd7310 OP t1_is5jubf wrote

May I ask which walmart? I was at the E Kearney one yesterday which is how I found my insurance doesn’t cover at pharmacies 🤦 and then I called my insurance for a while haha