Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

sgfjb t1_ivrlmqw wrote

I don’t think many thought the outcome would be that lopsided, so I agree, this did indicate a major disconnect.

As for the other issues, I don’t think council addressing or not addressing one area has much to do with the other. They are separate issues, requiring separate commissions, staff and recommendations to be voted on and don’t preclude progress in areas such as economic development. Trust is clearly an issue to some, which is what I imagine what you’re getting at. It’s a shame, because from what I’ve witnessed our city leaders are good people with good intentions.

Cloud_Disconnected OP t1_ivroyh9 wrote

If I go to work tomorrow and my boss expects me to close five tickets for critical issues, and instead I spend the day cleaning out the supply closet, he's not going to feel like I'm being very effective or that I am prioritizing my tasks appropriately. I may be a good person and have good intentions, but at the end of the day I didn't do what he needed me to do.

When the city is asking for buy-in on projects like this but aren't delivering in other areas, yes, it's a trust issue, but it's also an issue of prioritization. Progress in economic development is important, but I don't see any progress whatsoever being made in the other areas I mentioned, or even any effort to address them.