Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

blu3dice t1_ivv2ajc wrote

Congratulations!! May I ask how old you are? I've thought about going thru their program but I'm 42 and I worry that I'd be the oldest student there.

notnotpegbundy t1_ivv2g6i wrote

You are never too old to go back to school. When I went to otc I attended classes with all ages! Do it!!!

Consistent_Eye5101 t1_ivv6lyf wrote

You are not too old! I graduated from nursing school at 41 and while most other students were younger, I was not the oldest.

PM_YOUR_PUPPERS t1_ivvjzg5 wrote

I went to school with a dude who was 60 going for his nursing degree, your never too old and NO ONE will shame you. I'd say a third of my class was your age when I went.

velouriia OP t1_ivvd7e4 wrote

i’m 21! but my friends mom is in her 40s too & she’s finishing the ASN program rn!!

velouriia OP t1_ivvdfbv wrote

also, we’ve all worked our asses off to be there & that applies to everyone of all ages. we’re on an even keel & work with each other to succeed :)

Sally_twodicks t1_ivxxlx0 wrote

OTC is great because everyone going there is all ages. Don't let that stop you! What matters is not the age, what matters is you go. You will be on the same playing field as everyone because you will all be starting out at the beginning.

Even MSU and Drury has those transfer students so they also still have a mix of ages. Just go chase your dream!